Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Change of plan - please help me find a vanity light.

Posted by hobokenkitchen (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 13 at 11:05

Ok, so now looking at the kind of vanity light that goes over the mirror instead of sconces.

Not sure which is the best way to go, but I need to have decided by tomorrow when the electrician comes to rough in the lights.

Any ideas please? Running out of time and no idea what to tell the electrician tomorrow. Heeeeelp??

The chandelier in the bathroom looks like this:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Change of plan - please help me find a vanity light.

Not sure how big your mirror will be, but 2 of these?

Here is a link that might be useful: Available in different number of lights too

o

I think we need to know how much vertical space there is above the mirror. Are you sure you can't do sconces?
Here are a couple of thoughts, but they might be too tall.
This one is nice, it is from RH.

This comes from Ballard Designs

o

o

I like the Troy and the Ballard designs one. Think the last one is a bit much.
I am not home to measure the height we would have above the mirror. Ugh!

o

Is that my light? From O? Look on O for bathroom lights. There are lots.

Here is just one:
Photobucket

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Harlow-Nickel-with-Slate-Grey-Fabric-Shade-2-light-Vanity-Fixture/6986001/product.html

Here is a link that might be useful: A lot to look at....

o

Lol bee - that might just be perfect! I looked on O and didn't see it!
The chandelier is Overstock - it might be the same as yours. Is yours up? Pic?

o

DH loves it too. I think it's 'the one'!!!

How would you mount this above a 72" vanity? Above the mirror or as sconces on either side? I have done zero research on this but need to decide very quickly.

o

Depends on the size of the spaces on each side of the mirror. Why not get them and then decide?

Here's the chandy "in action"

DSC_0109

This is what we did for the vanity, it is 72" long, but my mirror goes to the ceiling.

DSC_0114

o

Apparently he has to install the boxes for the rough inspection so he needs to know where I want them... and I don't know where I want them. Panic, panic.
You try and stay on top of everything, but there's always something I didn't prepare for!
Doesn't help that our shower pan died downstairs so we're dealing with 2 bathroom remodels at the same time and I have a baby who will NOT nap so I never have any time to devote to this stuff right now.

o

Dup post. Sorry.

This post was edited by hobokenkitchen on Tue, Jan 8, 13 at 14:43

o

Are you having one mirror over the entire vanity? Or two mirrors, one over each sink?

If one mirror, will there be room on the sides for this one? If not, what about 2 of them, one over each sink?

I know the pressure. Remember you can move the boxes before drywall. When the walls are open, that stuff is easy.

o

Just have them put in the boxes and leave enough wiring in case you decide you want them on either side of mirrors instead of above. Then you have more time to consider your choices.

o

Love all the choices. We placed ours over the mirrors. Definitely as the electrician to leave enough wire if they need to be moved. We ran into that issue after realizing the vanity was 6" larger.

o

Thanks for the pictures - very helpful!

Anyone else have pictures of the lighting above a double vanity? I'd love to see it!

o

You don't want to see a pic of the light above my double vanity! LOL! Bathroom hasn't been remodeled yet.
However, when we do it, I want that chandelier in your OP! It's beautiful! Can you tell me where you found it?

o

It was from Overstock!
All sorts of good stuff on there!!

Any more vanity light pics??

o

Hoboken, here's one of ours. I'm not sure whether this has already been discussed but you will want to have really good task lighting here (task=makeup!).

We like these; they are on dimmers and project up, down and out.

Dimmed just a little (we have another light above the window):

Lit:

Of course, at this point I've forgotten what these are. Perhaps Progress lighting?

P.S. Motherof3sons - love the picture!

This post was edited by oldbat2be on Wed, Jan 9, 13 at 21:28

o

Hobokenkitchen,
What did you decide? I am having the same debate rght now...
72" double vanity, doing a mirror over each sink, and need to decide about lights next to mirrors or above? And then, heights to place them all?
Ack, these decisions are killing me!!!
PS, Bee, I've not seen the pics of your bathroom before--I love the curtains behind the tub. I, too, am going to have a pedestal tub like that, with a window behind, and I think I'll need to cop y your curtains :)
I also think we are ordering that chandy from overstock--I love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here