Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Kitchen Round 2

kellienoelle
11 years ago

Many people here were extremely helpful in helping me design my new kitchen last year. I have enjoyed it for approximately 10 months now and soon (March 29th to be exact) it will be somebody elses to enjoy. A new job has led to the decision to move out of the suburbs to an older home closer to the city. My house sold FAST and I am quite sure that was due to having "the best remodeled kitchen in the subdivion", according to my REA. So thanks for all of your help.

But this brings me to new challenges, namely finding a house which has proven to be much more challenging than I had imagined. We found a 1922 colonial that is in the process of being completely restored. According to the rehaber/owner it is about 4 weeks out. So, if we decided to pull the trigger on this one, we would be able to select the finishes. The floor plan is already set, the cabinets are already there, but the rest is open to negotiation. All is still a complete construction zone, so we will be in a better spot to make decisions next week when they tidy up a bit. Things that can't be changed are the cabinet color (black) and floor (wood). Things that can - counters (they were going to put in cararra marble, which I love to look at and touch, but have read here enough to know that it isn't for me), hopefully install a hood where there currently isn't one, appliances, pulls, sink, faucet paint, stain color for the wood floors, etc.

My point of posting this is ... hello again kitchen forum, I have missed you and can't wait to get reaqquainted .

This post was edited by kellienoelle on Thu, Jan 17, 13 at 11:01