Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Off Topic- Hamburger Soup Recipe posted before

Posted by pghkate (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 10:47

I remember somebody on here had posted a Hamburger/ Cheeseburger Soup recipe with a kitchen reveal. It looked really tasty, but now I can't track it down. Anybody remember where that was?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Off Topic- Hamburger Soup Recipe posted before

I posted my cheeseburger soup recipe in a thread here, but I can't find the thread either; so I'm not sure it's the recipe you are thinking of. Seems to me it was a thread started specifically asking for soup recipes.

o

Found it!

----------------------------

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 10:34

Cheeseburger Soup:
1/2 lb. grd beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. parsley flakes
4 tbl. butter, divided
3 cups chix broth
4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1 3/4lb.)
1/4 cup flour
2 cups process cheese (Velveeta)
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup sour cream

In a 3qt. saucepan, cook beef until no longer pink; drain an set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion,carrots,celery,basil and parsley in 1tbl. butter until veggies are tender. Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 -12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Meanwhile in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3 - 5min. or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2min. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.

Yum.

Edited to fix the units on the Velveeta cheese, in accordance with the next post by schoolhouse. (I figured it was better to have a clear recipe and a confusing thread rather than the reverse! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Schoolhouse's cheeseburger soup

This post was edited by Angie_DIY on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 15:44

o

Thanks Angie, and now I see a typo in the recipe. pghkate, take note: should say, 2 cups of Velveeta cheese(not "oz"). Plus I always add extra potatoes simply because I love potatoes.

o

Thanks schoolhouse and angie! making this tonight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here