Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink suggestion

Posted by smh1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 10:45

I was hoping to buy a Ticor sink after reading reviews of it here. However Galaxy Tool Supply has been unavailable for days. I contacted another website where it is on backorder and was told it would remain so until April as Ticor were restructuring. I can't wait this long. I can't afford to change my work surface at this point so it has to be an overmount sink. Our current sink is white but I want to change to stainless steel with double bowl. I am looking for a decent sink at a reasonable price. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink suggestion

Look at Kraus sinks on faucetdirect.com. Their quality looks really good. We'll be getting a single bowl undermount for our remodel later this spring.

p.s. I really wanted the round Ticor sink for my prep sink but it looks like all Ticor is "discontinued" at this point. With your informaiton about restructing, maybe we'll get lucky when we are ready to order our sinks in a few months and it will be available again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Will one of these sinks work for you?

o

When I was looking for a sink last year, it pretty much came down to Kraus and Ticor. I chose the Kraus. Have you checked out Blanco silgranit sinks? Several people on here love them. Also, I just looked at the Lowe's site and they have a way more interesting selection of sinks than I recall from when I was looking.

o

Kraus is available lots of places, from overstock to your local big box store, so they seem like the best bet right now.

o

My kitchen will be demolished on March 1. We are going with Kraus too. It appears that we can order it to be shipped for pickup at our local Lowe's.

o

We bought our Kraus sink (as well as some other items)from faucetdirect.com Pleased with the products and service. The Kraus sinks are also available on Amazon, etc.

o

My parents are very happy with their Artisan sink. All positive reviews online when I looked it up for them.

We love our Julien sink, they are more expensive though.

o

Thanks for your suggestions. The Kraus sink looks like it may work. I guess I'll go to Lowes and see what they have in there before I decide.

o

Ruvati also makes good quality sinks. I was also thinking of buying a Ticor sink after all the good experiences of GW members, but the size I was looking for was on Backorder everywhere. I went with the Ruvati sink after doing some research, and so far I am very pleased with the quality of the sink. Very heavy, so definitely 16 gauge, and the finish is a very high quality brushed finish. I will try to post a picture here once I am done with the installation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here