Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecookie

Tielsa cabinets -- anyone heard of it?

ILoveCookie
10 years ago

The kitchen and bathroom cabinets in my "new" old house are of the brand "Tielsa". The sellers of the house said it's a German brand. I am trying to find more information about this brand, in order to determine if the cabinets are worth keeping.

These cabinets are 30 years old. From what I could tell, they are laminate, and don't smell great when I get them damp (I found out about this during my initial deep cleaning). According to my plumber, "you could only see this kind of cabinets in dental offices". However, the drawers seem to slide smoothly (that is, still functional), so they don't need to be replaced right away.

Anyway, I wonder if this "Tilesa" brand is of good quality. If you know anything about it, I'd like to hear it. Thank you!

The only information I could find online using Google is as follows:

WhoâÂÂs cabinets are these anywayâ¦?

``The Alno Group -- a few years ago, it aquired the Wellmann Group, which years prior to that, aquired brands like Geba, Tielsa and StarBeka, to name just a few. There was so much overlapping in their offerings, that they ended up phasing these brands, one after another. A few years later, they were acquired by the Alno group and went through another round of phasing out brands. Still today, the group has some overlapping and in some parts of the world, they are selling a couple of brands, under the Alno label, though it is not an Alno kitchen..."

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022