Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet opinions PLEASE

Posted by mjocean (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 10:12

Hi,

We will have a 9'6" X 4' island with a prep sink on one end. The prep sink is Franke GNX11020 which is a stainless undermount approx. 21" X 19" X 10". We ordered the Grohe K7 semi pro faucet; once the faucet arrived at 26"+ high we're having second thoughts about it.

Our cleaning sink is the Franke Orca and the faucet is a Grohe Ladylux (we wanted the lock-in spray for clean up). The cleaning sink is on a counter across from the opposite side of the island from the prep sink.

Do you think the K7 faucet is too tall for the prep sink? Please give us your honest opinions.

MJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet opinions PLEASE

Why don't you just switch the placement of faucets? I do think the 26"H faucet at the island may be too much. Will the K7 work with your cleanup sink location?

o

Hi ck,

Thank you for your swift response. We considered switching the faucets, however the clean up sink is in front of a window and we're not sure how that would look in front of and/or blocking the window (thoughts on this?). The other important consideration is the Lady Lux has a "lock in" spray feature and the K7 requires us to hold down the spray button for use. We think the "lock in" spray feature is more important for clean up than washing vegetables. We also think the prep sink will be used for filling/draining pots which also doesn't require the "lock in" spray feature.
MJ

o

I think the K7 wouldn't look right on the island. If the window by your main sink is wide, and or tall enough the K7 would be fine (I wouldn't put it in front of a smaller window.) If all else fails can you still return it?

o

Hi nomad,

Thank you, yes, I can still return it.
mj

o

I suppose it depends on what your window looks like to determine if it would work or not. We stayed at a vacation home last summer that had a huge faucet like that on their cleanup sink. There was a lot of space behind the faucet in front of the window and it worked in that space. If you're butted up to the window, it might not work.

I know the importance of the lock-in sprayer. We currently have the Ladylux Plus and love it. We'll be reusing it or replacing it with another Groher faucet with the lock-in sprayer when we remodel in the spring. Same for our prep sink.

o

Hi ck,

It is the Ladylux Plus we purchased for the clean up sink, happy you like it.

We'll be mulling this over the next couple of days.

Thank you for your responses, you have been very helpful.
mj

o

bump

o

instead of the K7, did you look at hansgrohe "talis C"??

we have it and love it..
it has the lock in sprayer and it has a much smaller footprint than K7.
i think its high enough for everything and have no regrets.
this is our only faucet so it has to do everything.

just to throw a wrench, but the ladylux looks like a pullout?? the talls c is a pulldown and we love that so much better than a pullout.

talis c also has a magnetic catch, so it never hangs out..always goes right back into place, love that feature.

o

Hi sprtphntc,
Thank you for your response. I just looked at the Talis C and I do like it. It appears the once spray is selected you need to shut off the faucet to return to stream; is that correct? If so, do you find that to be problem?
Yes, the Ladylux is a pull out.
Thanks,
MJ

o

I think you should keep it -- it will be great at either your island or your main sink. I almost cried when I first held my semipro faucet (pre-installation) up to the window to try it out -- but now (3 years post install) I never, I mean never, notice it in front of the window anymore. Windows have a way of drawing your eye outside, so makes sense that it wouldn't be noticed. Also your Grohe is very streamlined, so it would be even less of an issue. I also think it would look great on an island, though and unless it would be in the line of sight between two people seated at the island, I doubt it would be bothersome at all. I really think you will love the functionality of it on the island (or at the main sink!), and should definitely keep it. Also it's very sleek in its design, so I don't see it as an eyesore or obstruction whether it's in front of the window or on the island -- who's to say that 15" or 12" is the ideal height for a faucet over 26", anyway? Personally I find yours less obtrusive, even at 26" than some shorter ones with wider profiles.
It does list "Locking Dual Spray Control-- switches back and forth between regular flow and spray" as a feature, so I think it will lock in place for you while you're using it -- not sure if it stays in that position after you turn the water off (my Grohe minta reverts back to regular flow, but that's fine with me).

o

kris ma,

I really want to keep it; it is so beautiful! It's just so big. We are at the point where we now have the back wall of the old kitchen torn down so the addition is now part of the house. It's great to be able to walk around in the space, very exciting! Anyway, I'm bringing the faucet into the space later today and will show my contractor who is also a design person. I'm curious to find out what he thinks as I value his opinion.

Do you have a photo of your kitchen? I'd love to see one, especially with your semipro faucet.

Thanks again,
MJ

o

Definitely check out the link below to see farmgirlinky's gorgeous kitchen with her semipro faucet on an island.

And here is mine (which is not as streamlined as yours):
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Lynn's Semipro faucet on an island

o

kris ma,
Absolutely gorgeous! Your kitchen looks beautiful, love the granite. Thank you for the link, I printed it out because I won't be near a computer for the next several hours and I can't wait to read it.

Thank you so much and enjoy a nice week-end.

o

yes mjocean, you do have to shut off the water to return to stream...

honestly, when we first got it, i was a little disappointed, but now, its not even an issue for us. we really just use the sprayer to clean out the sink and to rinse fruit/veggies in strainer.

all other features override that one. i love the magnetic catch, works every time.

good luck!!

o

Sprtphntc,
Thank you, I will look for a retailer that carries the brand so I can take a good look at it.
MJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here