Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjocean

Faucet opinions PLEASE

mjocean
11 years ago

Hi,

We will have a 9'6" X 4' island with a prep sink on one end. The prep sink is Franke GNX11020 which is a stainless undermount approx. 21" X 19" X 10". We ordered the Grohe K7 semi pro faucet; once the faucet arrived at 26"+ high we're having second thoughts about it.

Our cleaning sink is the Franke Orca and the faucet is a Grohe Ladylux (we wanted the lock-in spray for clean up). The cleaning sink is on a counter across from the opposite side of the island from the prep sink.

Do you think the K7 faucet is too tall for the prep sink? Please give us your honest opinions.

MJ

Comments (15)

• ck_squared
    11 years ago

Why don't you just switch the placement of faucets? I do think the 26"H faucet at the island may be too much. Will the K7 work with your cleanup sink location?

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi ck,

Thank you for your swift response. We considered switching the faucets, however the clean up sink is in front of a window and we're not sure how that would look in front of and/or blocking the window (thoughts on this?). The other important consideration is the Lady Lux has a "lock in" spray feature and the K7 requires us to hold down the spray button for use. We think the "lock in" spray feature is more important for clean up than washing vegetables. We also think the prep sink will be used for filling/draining pots which also doesn't require the "lock in" spray feature.
    MJ

• nomad4
    11 years ago

I think the K7 wouldn't look right on the island. If the window by your main sink is wide, and or tall enough the K7 would be fine (I wouldn't put it in front of a smaller window.) If all else fails can you still return it?

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi nomad,

Thank you, yes, I can still return it.
    mj

• ck_squared
    11 years ago

I suppose it depends on what your window looks like to determine if it would work or not. We stayed at a vacation home last summer that had a huge faucet like that on their cleanup sink. There was a lot of space behind the faucet in front of the window and it worked in that space. If you're butted up to the window, it might not work.

I know the importance of the lock-in sprayer. We currently have the Ladylux Plus and love it. We'll be reusing it or replacing it with another Groher faucet with the lock-in sprayer when we remodel in the spring. Same for our prep sink.

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi ck,

It is the Ladylux Plus we purchased for the clean up sink, happy you like it.

We'll be mulling this over the next couple of days.

Thank you for your responses, you have been very helpful.
    mj

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

bump

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

instead of the K7, did you look at hansgrohe "talis C"??

we have it and love it..
    it has the lock in sprayer and it has a much smaller footprint than K7.
    i think its high enough for everything and have no regrets.
    this is our only faucet so it has to do everything.

just to throw a wrench, but the ladylux looks like a pullout?? the talls c is a pulldown and we love that so much better than a pullout.

talis c also has a magnetic catch, so it never hangs out..always goes right back into place, love that feature.

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi sprtphntc,
    Thank you for your response. I just looked at the Talis C and I do like it. It appears the once spray is selected you need to shut off the faucet to return to stream; is that correct? If so, do you find that to be problem?
    Yes, the Ladylux is a pull out.
    Thanks,
    MJ

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

kris ma,

I really want to keep it; it is so beautiful! It's just so big. We are at the point where we now have the back wall of the old kitchen torn down so the addition is now part of the house. It's great to be able to walk around in the space, very exciting! Anyway, I'm bringing the faucet into the space later today and will show my contractor who is also a design person. I'm curious to find out what he thinks as I value his opinion.

Do you have a photo of your kitchen? I'd love to see one, especially with your semipro faucet.

Thanks again,
    MJ

• function_first
    11 years ago

Definitely check out the link below to see farmgirlinky's gorgeous kitchen with her semipro faucet on an island.

And here is mine (which is not as streamlined as yours):

Here is a link that might be useful: Lynn's Semipro faucet on an island

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

kris ma,
    Absolutely gorgeous! Your kitchen looks beautiful, love the granite. Thank you for the link, I printed it out because I won't be near a computer for the next several hours and I can't wait to read it.

Thank you so much and enjoy a nice week-end.

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

yes mjocean, you do have to shut off the water to return to stream...

honestly, when we first got it, i was a little disappointed, but now, its not even an issue for us. we really just use the sprayer to clean out the sink and to rinse fruit/veggies in strainer.

all other features override that one. i love the magnetic catch, works every time.

good luck!!

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sprtphntc,
    Thank you, I will look for a retailer that carries the brand so I can take a good look at it.
    MJ