14 years ago

Comments (14)

• jenocurley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

and the back splash needs to be done!

• mjsee
    14 years ago

I like that fan...and we need a new one for our master. (I know they aren't fashionable...I don't care. They are AWESOME when one is having a middle-of-the-night-hot-flash.) Make and model please?

• three_daisies
    14 years ago

Looks great so far - I love the Vinnata faucet too; kinda wish I had splurged for it (we've just finished a 20K remodel too).

What kind of backsplash are you going to install?

• fleur222
    14 years ago

Beautiful color of wood cabinetry! Love seeing the children at work! Enjoy!

• jenocurley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I agree about fans. Designers are always taking them out but I like the look of ours and we do not have central air. We are in central pa on a hill and get great breezes and really do not need central air but we needed something. The one in the kitchen is minka aire... their fans are gorgeous in my opinion. I

F519-BN
    Ceiling Fan
    Family: ConceptÂ
    Blade Sweep: 52"
    Blade #: 3 Concave
    Dimensions: 52"Dia
    Glass/Shade: Opal Glass
    Lamping (Watts/Bulb): 1-100W Mini-can Halogen
    Control Type: Full Function Hand Held Remote Control System
    Blade Pitch: 14º
    Finish: Brushed Nickel

Here is a link that might be useful: link to fan

• jenocurley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The back splash will be st cecelia granite tile they are 12x12.

I had originally wanted a chocolate glaze but when we looked at the spice which was not a glaze they looked so similar and the spice cost a lot less.

• Gena Hooper
    14 years ago

Look at your cuties enjoying the kitchen in progress! Looks great!

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Wow -- less than 20 -- including the kids? You're amazing!

Gorgeous cabinets! Beautiful counterop -- please give details, can't wait to see the finished product.

thanks also for the fan details.

• judydel
    14 years ago

Love your cabinets. I can't wait to see it complete, please post more as you go along. Great design. I'm sure you and the kids will love having the bar for them to park at while you are puttering in the kitchen. Very cozy.

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

...including the kids... LOL!!!

Lovely kitchen. I'm totally amazed that you're doing this for under 20K. Are you DIYing? Is that how you've controlled costs?

• jenocurley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It is all diy except we will pay someone to cut through the roof for the vent. My husband has been at it a long time and works full time so that is why we started a year ago and are not done. We did pay a builder to do the roof and a sun porch next to the kitchen though.

I have to look up some of the details since some purchases were a while ago : )

Wilsonart oiled soap stone laminate counter top $600
    Shenandoah Brekenridge Cherry Spice Cabinets from Lowes about $7000.. my husband thinks it was 6,000.
    Smasung frig $1,600
    Pegasus sink - home depot - love having it in the corner!
    Vinatta faucet bought off of ebay for under $300
    hardware is from target
    the vent we just got from some discount web site but it is fabkya it was around $400 I think... very much discounted and although we felt it was a risky move it seems to be fine. my husband put it on to test the motor and such.
    stove is ge... i would love to have gas but don't want to have a tank so we stuck with electric but I went with coil because it is durable... I cook with cast iron and for about $600 we got stainless : )
    children - priceless of course!

Some items were garden web finds for sure and I changed my layout a bit after some critique. I had already placed the cabinet order but it was not too late to change it. Where the stove is there was a door to the yard that we closed up so that we could put the stove closer to the sink and eliminate the need for a pot filler and extra footsteps.

We really should be done in the next month or so and I will post the specific details with the final pics. Reading on here about all of your kitchens and research has really made my kitchen!

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

I love your kitchen cabinets. I can't wait to see more of your kitchen done. Your children are adorable.

• annie.zz
    14 years ago

It looks so nice! I love the cabinets, and your sink. I will have a very similar corner sink/peninsula set up. Are your cabinets flanking the d/w 15 inch or 18 inch?

What's the dimensions on your sink?

• amberley
    14 years ago

I am inspired! My budget is similar to yours- so it is nice to see that it can be done! Looking forward to seeing everyhtig pulled together!