Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauriec_gw

any luck finding robinst's carrara backspash here in states?

lauriec
14 years ago

anyone have any luck finding this anywhere in the States?

!

* Posted by robinst (My Page) on

Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 7:25

Merchant ID: 175000002022

Item #: 286326

Item description: zacarramarbstrip Carrara Extra Random Strip

The phone number of the Lowes I purchased it from is (519) 967-3560.

Good luck.

Comments (14)

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

No luck. I have given the information to a Lowes in CT, but have not been successful.

• lauriec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thx, am thinking of just ordering from canada, at least a sample to see how i like it.

L

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Lauriec;
    Thanks for bringing this forward, I had looked without luck to see if she had updated the post -- I actually contacted Faber to see if they could locate it for me -- sent them a picture of Robin's backsplash, and THEY couldn't find it. So now that I have the #, I'm going to run to Lowes right now with this info.

Couple of other hints -- I showed a picture of it to a local tile contractor and he said that he could fabricate it out of 12 x 12 Carrera, which is something I might consider. Another thing -- I found this new Daltile carrera the other day . . . . gorgeous, but $$ -- you can get it for about 20/SF + shipping off of buytile.com. I'm trying to figure out if I could do a base of this Daltile, put in a black header, and then some regular 2x4 Carrera subs on top of it. This is soooo pretty. Thanks again, Rita

Here is a link that might be useful: daltile carrera product

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

Thanks lauirec for following up, and thanks Robinst for posting #.

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

I think I may be able to get it in Connecticut. I will know for sure by next week.

• rjr220
    14 years ago

I took the info in on Sunday to my local Lowe's. Just happened to speak w/ a manager who is from Canada. I just got an update from him -- he's located the tile in a Windsor store and is seeing if they can get it here -- it comes from the Canadian Faber (hence why the US Faber couldn't find it). So, he's contacting them, finding out if he can get it, and finding out the U.S. price. So, Kitchenconfidential --- you find out what you can, and just maybe we can get this south of the border!

Will update as I hear more.

• lauriec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

rjr220, great news, thanks so much, keep us posted!

• rjr220
    14 years ago

OK, the manager of our Lowe's just got back to me. He spoke with Faber Stone in Toronto. Unfortunately, they don't ship the product to Lowe's in the U.S. A store could request it, but would likely require a "large" lot to fulfill the order.

He did, however say that it is available in the U.S. thru any "Specialty tile" thru Faber stone, under the name Bianco. I did a quick google of Faber Bianco and came up with nothing. However, now that I have this little bit more info and the numbers from Robin above, I'm going to email the person I spoke to with Faber in California and see if we can track it down.

BTW, the distributor thought it would be $10-15/SF US. That would be sweet. IF we can find it . . . .

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

As soon as I hear, I will let you know.

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

Found it. It really is beautiful. I could not use it though because it has more of a very white and gray tones; I need more of a white marble with creamier tones, but it is gorgeous. If I had soapstone or black countertops, I would use it. You can get it from Bella Pietra Kitchen & Bath in Darien, CT. bellapietraCT@aol.com. I don't think I can post a number here. Tried to but it went into cyberspace. They should be listed. Speak to Bill. If you need further information, just send me an email.

• scrappy25
    14 years ago

What is the cost from bella pietra?

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

I did not ask about the price because I decided not to use it. I know it is from the same manufacturer in Canada. Also,I bought my granite and marble from them after comparing quality and pricing with at least 8 different fabricators. (Lots of driving to find the perfect Costa Esmeralda and marble.) I finally found them the week before my reno started, and they had the best quality AND the best price.

• lauriec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thx kitchen confidential for doing the leg work on this one !!

L

• kitchenconfidential2
    14 years ago

Welcome, L. Good luck with your backsplash. I'll be posting my pictures of backsplash late next week, hopefully.