Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrinm

Drawer Pulls

Terri
11 years ago

Well while the cab guy works on stain and paint samples I'm moving on to hardware. Originally was going to use cup pulls but now I think I've changed to regular pulls. So my questions are....

1) did you use the same size pulls on all of your drawers? I think my widest will be 30", with mostly 24" and a one 18". Of course this is still subject to change lol
2) what width did you use?
3) what length pull did you use on your refrigerator? We are getting a 48" SubZero side by side, ice/water will be interior only, nothing in the door

Cabs are raised panel and I would prefer only 1 pull per drawer. Would it look odd if I mixed widths of pulls? All the same style, just wider ones on my wider doors?

Comments (7)

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    11 years ago

bump

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Hi Terri. I think you may not be getting many replies because this subject is discussed a lot.

I just ran an Internet search for the subject on this forum. You can do this by typing this in your Internet search engine:

Site:gardenweb.com pull size

You can also replace the words "pull size" with any other terms for anything else you'd like to search. Hopefully you can get some answers from many of these past threads. There sure is a lot of discussion on the subject, that's for sure! Ultimately, I think you'll see that most people comment that it's basically up to you where, how many, and what size pulls to use. Getting some cheap samples at a big box store in various sizes and finished is a good way to start. Hold them up and see what you think. Then return those and order some samples of the pulls you like. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Results of internet search for pull sizes on GW

• Terri
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thank you breezygirl, I've been searching just on this site, not thru google. Between not using the correct terms and not using google I wasn't finding much. Looks like I have alot to learn about searching as well as pulls :)

Thanks

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Here's a cut and paste of an answer I gave to someone last year.

"I did all pulls in my kitchen also. I don't like the look of two small pulls on wide drawers so I looked for pulls that came in multiple sizes including an 8". I aimed to size pulls on various drawer stacks following the rule of thirds or the Golden Mean, roughly translated into the pull covering the middle third of the drawer front with one-third of the drawer visible on each side of the pull.

After my pull order arrived, I walked around with the various sizes and held them up on my cabs to see what looked best. I ordered a couple dozen extra of each size pull to give myself flexibility. So I ended up with this:

Drawers
    30-38" wide stacks have 8" pulls
    18-24" stacks have 6" pulls
    17" drawers have 4" pulls

Cabs (very few)
    all pulls are horizontal on cabs
    11" doors have 4" pulls
    15" doors have 6" pulls"

You can see how mine turned out with various size pulls all run horizontally in this pic.

• Terri
    Original Author
    11 years ago

well this is exactly what I was looking for last night! The differing sizes look great. Thanks again for taking the time to repeat your reply. I do appreciate it!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Breezy: do you still like having pulls on the uppers placed horizontally like you have there?

(feel free to report me to the grammar thread for that there sentence structure)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

You're welcome, Terri. It's a shame that the GW search function is so worthless, but it is what it is. At least we have another way to find threads. I'm glad you found what you needed.

Deedles--still loving it. Ergonomics are great and easy to open. Its funny that not one person IRL has noticed the horizontal orientation. Not even my SIL who installed hers the same way.

This post was edited by breezygirl on Sun, Jan 27, 13 at 4:36