Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Badgergal- more pictures please

Posted by mak51 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 12, 12 at 9:39

I am new to GW and quickly becoming addicted. I can't believe how many posts I've read in just one day. So many beautiful kitchens. Can't wait to do mine one of these years.
Badgergal, I saw a picture of your kitchen in someone's post and I would love to see more. I love your cabinets. Where did you get them and what kind of wood are they?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Badgergal- more pictures please

I am not badgergal, but hers is one of my favorites! So here is a link to her big reveal thread. Lots of pics included! So much unique in there, so enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Badgergals kitchen

o

Thanks Kellie for providing the link for mak51. I don't think I know how to do a link. mak51 if you look at the link it pretty much tells you every thing. I have been using the kitchen for a month now and I'm really enjoying it. If you live in Wisconsin, I'd be happy to give you the name and address of the Amish Cabinet maker. Without looking back, I can't recall which pictures I posted so here a few more.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Thank you kellienoelle and badgergal for your responses. I am going to save some of those pictures in my dream kitchen file. I wish I lived in Wisconsin so I could use those Amish cabinet makers. They certainly did beautiful work. Maybe by the time I get around to doing my kitchen, I will find someone that good in my area.
Kellienoelle I am looking forward to seeing your kitchen too.

o

Hi Badgergirl,

I am in Wisconsin and looking to do a kitchen remodel. Been looking at local cabinet shops in SE WI I like the whole idea of keeping things local as much as possible.

I've had some custom Amish furniture done by the Amish in SW WI and it's been great. But it's been a long time and they just did furniture

If you would, please share you cabinet maker name and address I would appreciate it.

DP

o

Dp, I will send you the name and address of the cabinet maker via email when I get home and look it up.

o

Mak51.....are you near Pennsylvania? Many folks on here rave about Dutch Wood near Harrisburg.

o

dpl1404- I thought I could email you but you are not set up to receive emails so here is the Amish cabinet markers info:
Calvin Miller
Miller Cabinet Shop
W4974 Hwy44
Markesan, WI 53946
He does not have a website, email or a phone. So you will have to write him a letter or take a ride to his shop. If you send me an email I can tell you more about him and the process.
I know 3 other people who have had their cabinets made by him and we all had very good experiences.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here