Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Please Kitchen Sink Drain has too small an opening ?

Posted by springvillegardens (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 9:34

just had my kitchen sink installed with a black drain and I can see a quarter inch of white pvc looking into the drain which means the opening is only 1/4 inch, is there a way to install it so the opening is larger? I am afraid food is going to get lodged in there and pile up and it doesn't look that great being white against the black sink.
My other kitchen had a black sink and I didn't see the white pvc pipe extending past the drain slots, not sure how they installed that one but it was different than this one.

Please let me know if there is another way to install this so the opening is as large as the slots. thanks so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Please Kitchen Sink Drain has too small an opening ?

It looks like a 1 1/4 inch tailpiece was used instead of 1 1/2 inch.

o

I don't think it's right either.

o

Who did the plumbing?

o

Can you take a picture from under the sink?

o

Thanks I have been tied up with pottery firings and kiln repairs and now backsplash. The counter top people did the sink install, I now have a different mechanism for the match up under the sink, we shall see how that works; will post more photos soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here