Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sandesurf finally got BS!!!

Posted by sandesurf (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 9:33

Not sure how many of the old timers are still around, but I've been searching for the right BS for 2 1/2 years! Granted, this kitchen is in our retirement home, 5 hours away, but I have a pile of tile samples to prove I've been trying!
It's Typhoon Bordeaux granite with a marble, beveled, crema marfil. I can finally say, "I LOVE it!"
Thanks to everyone who posts. I've been watching! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sandesurf finally got BS!!!

more pics

o

another shot

o

one more :)

o

So you can see where we started from. :)

o

It looks great! Congratulations on being kicked out of the club.

o

How pretty!! I would have chosen that beveled if I had seen it, but I have plain Crema Marfil and really like it.

I cannot believe you gave up a WHITE kitchen!! lol

It turned out great!!

Nancy

o

That backsplash looks absolutely perfect. It really just fits well with the granite and the whole feel of your kitchen. Congratulations!

o

That looks gorgeous! I love the granite with the cabinets and that backsplash is the frosting on the cake.

o

Well worth the wait. The color & occasional dark veins in the Crema Marfil go perfectly with your granite. Lovely kitchen!

o

Looks great! I hadn't seen the crema marfil bevels before. I've got flat honed subways and really like them. My friend has Typhoon Bordeaux also and used square tile on the diagonal. Looks great in her kitchen too. I haven't always liked the beveled tile, but I really like the way it looks in your kitchen. Congratulations!

o

I have one of those marfil bevels and they are SO pretty... wish it worked for me. They look wonderful in your kitchen, though! See, anything worth having is worth waiting for!

o

Perfect!

o

That BS looks perfect with the countertop. Beautiful!

o

So pretty and elegant. Your time paid off.

o

It's GORGEOUS! Congratulations on finally finding a BS!!!! I know how great it feels to wait so long...wasn't it worth the wait??

o

Sandesurf
Great job on your backsplash and kitchen! It is gorgeous and looks perfect! I am sure your reveal was before I joined. Welcome to the ABB alumni club!

o

Thank you, thank you, everyone!

a2gemini, I never did a "reveal", but I remember you and slownby! :)

I had a sample of a crema marfil for about 2 years. The color of that sample did NOT go with the granite! I thought all crema marfil would be the same. So happy I took another look! I love the beveled look! It's exactly what I was looking for all this time!

o

Wow, what a transformation! Congrats!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here