Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray light marble looks

Posted by blondelle (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 9:24

It seems these aren't in the states as yet but they both look stunning. The Frosty Carrina is a carrara look and the London Gray looks to have a bit deeper background with marble veining. The FC has longer veining which is more like real marble as opposed to the random spots and veining of the quartz marbles now available. There is also a charcoal one with whitish veining. Here's a video that I think shows the FC and a bit of the deeper one. You can see larger photos of all the colors and what they look like on a counter also at this site. These look to be the most realistic interpretations I've seen.

You can see all the new colors here as well as photos of the new colors and of them in use in the Gallery section.

Has anyone who lives abroad seen them, or at a trade show here?

Here is a link that might be useful: Caesarstone video

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray light marble loo

No interest in these new colors? I think they are beautiful. Was hoping to get a dialogue going on them comparing them to what's out there now. Was also hoping someone abroad saw them, or someone who attended the Coverings show. Anyone?

o

I watched. It was hard for me to really get a sense of what they look like in the video though. I do hope they make their way across the pond for us Americans.

o

OK, here's a better look. The Frosty Carrina is a soft, creamy white, while the Londen Grey is a soft light gray. I think the veining is the closest I've seen to real marble. I like it better than the Torquay, at least from the photos. I don't like all the little dots in the Torquay. I was told it should be here around March-Apriil.

o

Those look great! I hope they're here soon - I'm hoping to get going on my kitchen in March.

Bonnie

o

Thanks for the bigger pics, Blondelle. Now I can see them. I'm glad they're on their way here too for more choices in the marble-like arena. They look interesting.

o

Those look like they have promise. Hopefully they will make it to the US soon so we can see them in person.

My favorite stone-look quartz choices were from the K Stone collection of EuroStone by Stone Italiana. I really liked both the K Soul and K Work in both Gloss and Grain (matte). My DH does not like engineered stone, but he thought the K Work looked more like real stone than any of the other dark gray quartz options we considered. (At the end of the day, we chose natural quartzite.)

K Soul:

K Work:

Here is a link that might be useful: K Stone

o

I love them both, particularly the white one. I also really like a new color that someone else posted on another thread that sort of looked like soapstone. But I don't really want to look at these because we're hoping to get countertops within the next couple months and I'm sure these won't be available here yet so this is just more to get me all worked up over for nothing!

o

I asked Caesarstone and was told US release would be in March 2013

o

I just called Caesarstone and they said it should be here in a month and no dots like the Torquay so it should be more realistic. They said the Londen Grey is about the same as their Misty Carrara but maybe a touch lighter. Love to see them in person. Hope they look at good as the photos. The veining on the Frosty Carrina is a little more pronounced than it looks in the photo.

o

I love both of these and hope that there are lots of showrooms that decide to do a display so we can see this in person!

o

I just called Caesarstone and they said it should be here in a month and no dots like the Torquay so it should be more realistic. They said the Londen Grey is about the same as their Misty Carrara but maybe a touch lighter. Love to see them in person. Hope they look at good as the photos. The veining on the Frosty Carrina is a little more pronounced than it looks in the photo.

o

This is the THIRD time this board duplicated my posts! I swear I only posted once. So strange :-(.

o

The veining still looks very fake to me. Too light and almost like a dashed line instead of actual veins. Are these a lot cheaper than real stone, because when we were shopping, the fake seemed to be the same price. Sorry to be a kill-joy. Just my thoughts.

o

They may or may not be cheaper than real marble, but if you want a counter top that has a marble look but doesn't 'wear' like marble, these are a great substitutes.

Bonnie

o

Everytime I think I want to use real marble I just go into Williams Sonoma and look at the marble counters they have where they do the cooking demos. Stains, chips, scratches, dings and etches galore. The carrara held up better thaqn the calacatta for some reason. The carrara was always honed and the calacatta started out polished. Deep, rough etches in the calacatta.

There are all types of marbles with all types of veining. No one will mistake the Carrina for statuary. It's not trying to be that marble. It definitely looks like a more subtle form of white marble. It's not trying to be that heavily veined white marble.

Yes, real marble is gorgeous when new, but it would bother me to see all that damage on it, and I don't want to worry about it all the time. If I have a choice between beat up real marble and shiny, new, marble look quartz I'm going with the quartz. I believe Caesarstone is a lot more than real carrara.

o

We are starting our reno next month so we should be done by April. I almost can't look at new options or I'll second guess myself and want to wait, especially since I have a tendency to be a "grass is greener" type of girl. Then I'll need a new husband because my current one will be so tired of dealing with my indecision that he'll leave me. I'd rather keep this marriage than be tempted by new quartz, lovely as it may be.

I do like both better than the torquay, though. I'm actually going with a quartz limestone look alike, which is so new I haven't found a full kitchen example. That makes me all kinds of queasy in itself.

I'm digressing. You can imagine what it's like to live with me.

o

I just picked up these two latest colors at my stone supplier! GORG! The London Gray is beautiful, but has too much splotchyness for my taste. I really like the Frosty Carrina... it is a creamy white with very light gray veining. There are absolutely NO small little speckles that you might see in the Misty Carrera. I am really in love. Getting ready to order it for my kitchen and laundry and also for the backsplash. I hope it looks as good as I think it will. My four little boys will not let white marble stand a chance in my house. This caeserstone is more $$ than marble, but hopefully, will outlast it!

o

combine them with wood counters/I think that's how they'd use them abroad, in reference to your question anyway. I can tell you for a fact... they[meaning average people] do not go so price tag intense with counters[worktops]...Formica is quite accepted and not a downscale item. Just get what you like-they are nice but you'd have to work with the overall look.

o

Eleven Gables: What area are you in, might I ask? Did they have the other new colors as well (e.g. Piatra Grey)? Did you get an idea of price? Is it at a premium to the other Caeserstones in the Classico series?

o

Gooster, I am in Oklahoma City. F.A. Highley quoted me $62 for 2cm, $69 for 3cm. They had a whole stack of new colors. I didn't look at anything but whites.

o

Eleven_Gables: Thanks! I'm going to check around here to see if they've got their samples. That pricing seems pretty comparable to the existing Classico colors.

o

Eleven, thanks for posting. Glad it's being distributed so soon. Those are great prices. In NYC they are much higher. Being a creamy white do you think the Carrina could be used with a carrara or a calacata subway backsplash? The gray veining then is lighter than my photo? It doesn't look too plain with such light veining, or too plain to use with white subway? The veining in the Torquay looks more pronounced but all those little printed dots bother me. The Silestone Lagoon also has the little dots. Does the Carrina have those little dots too?

If you have a camera can you post a close up photo of your sample?

o

Blondelle, my sample looks pretty identical to your pictures. I took a picture next to a glazed cabinet in my home, but plan on using it with a cream (no yellow) cabinet. I am thinking about a marble backsplash or just using the caeserstone as the backsplash. My plan is to go next week and look at Marble subway tile.

In the photo, Frosty Carrina is next to the wood backing (left) & London Gray is right

o

Thanks Eleven for posting that. I do like the Carrina better and it will work better with off white cabinets. I am very curious to see how it works with real marble. That's really the only sensible way to use marble as you still have the beauty of it without the worries if used as the backsplash. Please post photos of the marble samples against the Carrina. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works but if the background is creamy you might need to use calacata tile. Daltile has a new marble subway with creamier tones and without the gray cast and with cleaner veining.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daltile marble

o

So after living with my two samples for the weekend, I have decided to go with London Grey. It seriously has more movement in it and looks much more like a natural stone. I am pretty sure I am also using it up the backsplash. Still have a couple days to get that squared away.

o

Eleven, I'm sure it will be stunning! PLEASE post photos when you're done. So you think the Carrina doesn't have enough going on to carry just a white subway backsplash. What color were you cabinets again? Maybe it's better as a foil for a more patterned backsplash. Have you tried either against real carrara or calacata subway?

o

Eleven Gables: Did they give you a lead time on the slab availability? Caesearstone USA just told me they will launch in "March".

It seemed like in the photos of the full slabs that the London Grey had more pronounced attempts at veining.

o

Make sure you view your slabs. My Caesarstone Buttermilk had white thumbprint-sized splotches on both slabs.

o

I have the same question as gooster - A dealer we are working with said that that color won't be avaliable until late April or into May?

Unfortuantly, that may end up being too late for us, if that's true....

o

Have you seen the beautiful Frosty Carrina kitchen featured on Canada House and Home this week?
Suzanne Dimma mentions that Frosty Carrina is one of her favorite Caesarstone colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frosty Carrina on House and Home

o

Thanks for posting that video... the frosty carrina is definitely too white and stark for my taste. I'm going to Dallas to check out the slabs of London Grey before I purchase. I did take photos against Calcutta Marble. See for yourself. London Grey is lower, Frosty Carrina is top.

o

I just came back from Royal Stone in Los Angeles, and they have the new colors in stock. In addition to the Frosty Carrina and London Gray, they had a slab of 5003 Piatra Gray - which looks like Pietra Gray Marble and it's beautiful! (Don't you love how they just switch a letter or two in their spelling!). They unfortunately didn't have any chips to give me, but the samples in the store are beautiful. Definitely the best marble-like quartz I've seen. As predicted they are in the highest price category, but I think they're definitely worth it.
I think I'm going with the Concrete as my perimeter counter and the London Gray on the island. They looked great together!

o

And not to get too far OT, but did you see the bs in that video? WooHoo. I saw that and thought I should post it, but I'm so glad you already did, francoise!

o

Perfect timing on this post! Can't wait to see if I can find these colors in my area this weekend. This might be my best option for a kitchen table top. Also love the K Work.

o

I can't wait to see these samples. These are still candidates for my countertops, if I can find TOPS (The One Perfect Stone)

OT: I had to check out the video after bee's comment; now, these shows all have me wondering how much the quartz industry is paying these tv-based designers to endorse and use their products in their designs. The amount of embedded product promotion in these programs is getting pretty staggering

o

Samples now available for order on the Caesarstone website

Here is a link that might be useful: Samples

o

Thank you. Just ordered mine.

o

Yes, thanks. I love the Caesarstone sample ordering system. It's so easy and reasonably priced considering shipping is free. I'm trying Ocean Foam as well.

o

Sweetmelba -

Did the piatra gray have a greenish tone to it? It looked that way to me on the website. Guess I will just have to order a sample. Thanks!

o

Bee, Hmmm I wonder why you like that backsplash? :>) Me too! Do you know what it is? They say it's glass and list Saltillo tile as the source, but don't see it on their website. Have you seen it anywhere? Would love a link to see what colors it comes in. I like the size of your tile; do you think this looks bigger?

Francoise thanks for posting the video, I didn't know of that website and it looks like another great source,

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Ceasarstone colors in person. I too want somethong similar in color to marble without any of the wear and tear. The manufacturer says no staining etc, but some people have posted that their C-stone does stain! Dang!

o

brwn_eyedgirl: I saw you had an unanswered question. I saw Piatra Grey -- there maybe a slight green or brown undertone, not like the blues that are in Pebble and Concrete. I took the attached photo in a showroom in South SF. It is alongside a London Grey sample, and is with a sample of white Carrara (real). The veining is a bit more speckled on the Piatra.

I have yet to receive the samples I ordered.

o

I ordered these two colors along with a third sample. Sample number three showed up and LG and FC did not. I called and was told that not all of their distribution centers have samples yet, and that I will actually have to reorder them in about a week; all orders being placed in areas with distribution centers that don't have the colors yet are being cancelled. Just wanted to let y'all know.

o

Island, Caesarstone doesn't stain. They recommend you clean "stains" with Soft Scrub with Bleach, but I've never had to use it. Just soap and water.

o

I received my samples; they shipped the larger size instead of the normal 4x4, so it was like getting a bonus.

o

Has anyone seen Pentalquartz in Lattice Polished? To me it looks better then the new Frosty Carrina and London Grey. I have all of them and to me this Pentalquartz seems very close to the Cararra Marble.

o

I received my Caesarstone samples. I think that I am leaning toward the London Grey, although I am still looking for a natural stone slab. In the pic, left to right, my collection of samples. London Grey, Frosty Carrina, Chroma Lattice(top)Silestone Lagoon, Cambria Tourquay(top), White Pearl granite (natural stone, way too pricey, though does not etch... I tested it)

o

Anyone know the price on the FC or LG?

o

I just got an estimate for the Frosty Carrina - approx 70 sq ft (meaning 2 slabs) for my U-shaped kitchen with breakfast bar for $6363.00. No. can .do.

Anyone know anything about LG Viatera Quartz? They have what looks like a marble wanna-be at Home Depot. Think I'll start a new thread...

Bonnie

o

Has anyone gone forward with installing any of these white marble lookalikes in their kitchens?? If so, please let us know how it turned out! Thanks!!

o

My LG is ordered... Will be about six weeks until installation. Will update then.

o

I just saw a slab of London Grey and I am very, very impressed.

I have 2 slabs of Calcutta Gold marble on hold but I think I might be practical and go with the London Grey. When I put the sample next to the marble it was amazing how similar they are!

I like marble to be "quiet" as well so the LG seems to achieve that.

I didn't see a slab of the Piatra or the Frosty Carrina but sounds like FC is too one dimintional. The sales rep said Piatra and LG are her favorites.

I'm waiting on a quote from the fabricator right now. Any idea what this will run? I need 70 sq ft, which is two slabs.

o

My quote for LG (2 slabs) for U-shaped kitchen with small island was in the low $7000's.

o
New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina

Please help. I've landed on Ceasarstone FC for island, Absolute Black granite for perimeter with BM Cloud white cabinets (incl. island). I'm trying for very calm look,nothing busy. Cushion flooring is Armstrong Cashmere G6010 that is taupey/beigy with some grey. I'm second guessing the whole thing because of lack of constrast on island and can't seem to land on a backsplash. Was originally thinking of marble subway tiles. Anyone have similar palette or have recommendation for backsplash to coordinate with Ceasarstone FC that isn't too grey?

o

OK, who has installed their counters with these new colors of Caesarstone? I am dying to see it installed! Totally intrigued by the LG and the Piatra. Had thought I would go with marble and am now thinking that this may be a better choice, but I want to see it installed by one of the trusty GWers!

o

If everything goes as planned I'm still a month or so out from having my LG counters installed. Will post pics when they are done.

o
RE: New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray light marble

Templating for my Piatra Grey counters is this week! Getting excited about it all, of course. I've decided to be brave and we're mixing it with some real Bianco Carrara marble in parts of the kitchen.

This post was edited by gooster on Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 0:42

o

Hi Moniques,
I am having a really hard time coordinating a backsplash idea with FC, so much so that I may not get it, but since your backsplash will actually be up against the black, it should be much easier. I am having a hard time because the FC is quite ivory and I want something light, white, for the wall because we have lighting issues and are getting dark cabinets so I want it very light from countertop up. None of the whites backsplashes are looking good with the FC, in my opinion, because it is off-white. Maybe I am just being too anal. But when I hold the same backplashes up to Blizzard, they look so much better. Let me know what you come up with, I am almost thinking I might change the countertop to London Gray instead and just get white cabinets. This is all getting so confusing :( Sorry I'm not much of a help.

o

Template for our Frosty Carrina counters is next week. I will post pictures once they are installed.

o

Our Frosty Carrina counters were installed last week. Here's a picture of them. As you can see they are not busy at all, they look almost solid white until you get close to them. The veining is very subtle. We're matching them with a Carrera basketweave backsplash which should be installed in the next week or so.
Pricing in Canada is very reasonable, I'm surprised at the quotes I'm seeing in earlier posts. We paid $4200 for the stone and fabricating.

o

This looks great. You made some nice choices. Please post pictures when you get your backsplash in. Now I'd love to also see a picture of the installed London Gray as well.

o

NessaB your kitchen and countertops look great! Can't wait to see the full reveal, but in the meantime can we please see a couple of closer views of your counters? Thanks

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your kitchens using these marble-look materials!

o

Nessa, could you possibly take some closeups of the counter looking down on it so we can see the veining? You kitchen looks great and it looks really pretty with your white cabinets. Thanks much!

o

This 2 x 4 marble subway tile from Crossville looks nice with the Frosty Carrina. It's not carrara so no heavy gray tones and it has a mix of whites that ties in the warmer white of the FB. It's less creamy than it looks online. Daltile also has a white marble that's not carrara that I think would work too. Subway in that is 3 x 6. I haven't seen that one in person but it seems to lean towards the creamy and it's not very busy. It's on their site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crossville Unicorn

o
RE: New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray light marble lo

This 2 x 4 marble subway tile from Crossville looks nice with the Frosty Carrina. It's not carrara so no heavy gray tones and it has a mix of whites that ties in the warmer white of the FB. It's less creamy than it looks online. Daltile also has a white marble that's not carrara that I think would work too. Subway in that is 3 x 6. I haven't seen that one in person but it seems to lean towards the creamy and it's not very busy. It's on their site.

o
RE: New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray light marble lo

o
RE: New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray

o
RE2: New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray

o
RE3: New Caesarstone Frosty Carrina & London Gray light marble lo

Oh, for heavens sakes!!! This is so embarrassing! It kept telling me my message was rejected as I already posted a response to this thread, so naturally I kept trying to post it. Now I go back to read all the additional replies and they are all mine...LOL! Sorry about that. Hope there's a moderator who can remove them. Not my fault guys :-(!

o

Could anyone tell me how to order a sample of Frosty Carrina and London Grey? I have gone on their site, googled etc, but haven't found a way to get samples. Any help would be appreciated.

o

LuvDecor0802,

The link I've posted below will get you to a general page that shows multiple Caesarstone colors out of their classico line. Then if you scroll through and click on a little square that shows the specific type, London Grey for example, it will take you to a page for that color where you can order a sample.

Alternatively, you can cut and paste these site addresses into your browser:

Order London Grey sample:

http://www.caesarstoneus.com/products/color/5000/

Order Frosty Carrina sample:

http://www.caesarstoneus.com/products/color/5141/

Have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Caesarstone classico products

o

Our builder dropped off large samples of the FC and London Grey today for our bathroom reno. I put Imperial Danby (Vermont) marble in our kitchen 2 years ago and used Cambria Torquay on our basement wet bar and laundry room countertops last summer. I think I like both Caesarstones better than the Torquay, which surprised me. Would love to see more pics of both installed as well as suggestions for tile pairings.

o

Thanks all for the compliments. I'm loving the changes so far.
Here's a photo of the two back splashes we were contemplating against the FC countertop. It shows how light the veining is. I'll try to get a better one of just the counter. We've chosen the one on the left. It'll be installed on Thursday and I'll post more photos when it's done.

o

NessaB, can you tell me who makes the tile on the right in the pic? I'm looking to combine the grey and brown tones and this one seems to do it.
Thanks!

o

Pamela, unfortunately I've returned the tile to the store when I ordered the marble. It's a little yellower than the picture and the grey colour in the photo is actually rather blue. It's a very thin glass tile. We sourced it at Ontario Tile in Markham Ontario. I believe it was called Tiffany.

o

didn't read through all the comments so not sure if the C-stone new colors are still being discussed but just wanted to say that I saw them in large slabs last week at KBIS and they are really gorgeous.

Cambria and Silestone were also at KBIS so I looked at all the "faux marble" slabs by all the companies and imo the C-stone offering is the most realistic. I liked the London Grey in particular.

o

I saw London Gray in person today and am very excited given my spouse's cooking style. So pretty. Will be deciding countertop selection soon.

Thanks for the heads up on making sure to see the slab re: fingerprints. I'll be sure to bring that up, since that should not pass their QA for sure.

o

Thank you everyone for posting the pictures and the information. I am going to order samples! Sure looks nice!

o

Keep posting pics of the new colors!

o

We're finally done! Here's a photo of the completed kitchen when the backsplash was finished last week. Now to accessorize! But that will come with time.

o

NessaB, the backsplash looks wonderful! What did you end up going with? Any chance you can share a closeup? Thanks.

o

Here's a close up of the backsplash. The tiles are a 1x2 inch marble mosaic. We're so happy with how it turned out. Our installer did a wonderful job of setting up the pattern between the uppers so the cuts looked great.

o

Tmunson - did you get your LG installed today? Pictures, please.

o

Fabricator is running behind :( However, they were being cut today, so install should be next week. Pictures to follow :)

o

Nessa B. Looks great! When finished please post a new final reveal thread with all the juicy details.
This thread has been very informative. Look forward to seeing more kitchens with these products.

o

Tmunson - did you get your LG installed today? Pictures, please.

o

Pictures are up now:

Here is a link that might be useful: London Grey

o

I have been meaning to post this since I really wanted to see an image of the installed london grey caesarstone countertop when we were deciding. We were initially going to use the frosty carrina but the different tones of white were too contrasting with our ikea adel cabinets. So on the advice of the Benjamin Moore paint consultant at the shop, we changed countertops to the grey to avoid color clashing. Hope this helps!

o

ly3g, thanks for the picture! I'm doing Adel white cabinets and have a sample of London Gray but it's hard to tell what it would look like installed. I'm also looking at the Piatra Gray too, but I think am leaning towards a granite right now. But your picture has me rethinking!

o

wolverine2, since the Adel cabinets are off-white we realized the contrasting colors can make the cabinets look "more white" or "yellow-ish" or dirty. Make sure you put all your samples including paint/tile together to help you decide the overall look. Our paint consultant picked BM "gothic arch" from the veining of the London Grey. It makes the wall cabinets look whiter. V. happy with the CS-not porous at all (the sample even passed my overnight staining tests!). I included another picture which shows more of the paint (sorry the image is a little dark...). We wanted a brighter look since the kitchen is not too sunny (south windows). Have fun with the process!

o

Wanted to share a picture of our updated kitchen with Frosty Carrina Caesarstone counters, since I got a lot of help by reading theses forums. We're not completely finished yet, still have a few more doors to hang and outlet covers to install, but are happy to have a working kitchen again!

o

Wanted to share a picture of our updated kitchen with Frosty Carrina Caesarstone counters, since I got a lot of help by reading theses forums. We're not completely finished yet, still have a few more doors to hang and outlet covers to install, but are happy to have a working kitchen again!

o

If any of the above posters have some updates on the ceasarstone quartz they ended up using and pictures I would love to see them. I am trying to decide on a color scheme for my master bathroom remodel. Very excited about these quartz colors!

o

Hello All! I have pictures of my London Grey Caesarstone counters and backsplash on my blog. They turned out beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: London Grey Caesarstone kitchen

o

more London Grey

Here is a link that might be useful: Eleven Gables blog

o

London Grey Caesarstone Backsplash and Countertop

Here is a link that might be useful: Eleven Gables Kitchen Remodel

o

It looks great (as does the whole kitchen). I love my Ceasarstone (organic white) - I hope you love yours.

o

Gorgeous! What are your paint colors? cabs and walls?
Love everything!

o

lesmobo, my paint colors were EXTREMELY tricky. I tried to use straight colors, but everything was coming out yellow or green. So, I made my own colors. The cabinets are Half Chanel White (a color made up by Spectrum Paints in OKC). The walls are 1/2 Manchester Tan (Benjamin Moore). The ceilings are 1/4 Manchester Tan. The walls are a beautiful light putty color... no gray, blue, green undertones. The cabinets are a creamy white with no yellow undertones.

o

Wow, eleven gables - thank you! Really beautiful! We're having an yellow and green problem too. Thanks for the suggestions!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here