Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Katieob - QUESTION about your kitchen

Posted by tinker_2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 29, 11 at 9:19

Just browsing the forum today, while still in the planning stage. Saw your kitchen (again) and it's BEAUTIFUL. I'm going with inset cabinetry, but can't decide on the beaded inset vs. the plain one. Are yours beaded or not?

Also, can you tell me about your range hood!

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Katieob - QUESTION about your kitchen

Hi Tinker~

Thanks very much!
Our cabinets have a single bead on the recessed part. The top drawers are all slab inset and I like that look, as well. What helped me was to go to Crown Point's website (my cabs are local custom) and look at the inset slab doors (also look at Erikanh's kitchen for this) and the beaded inset (look at JBrodie's kitchen for this). The pics of their door styles are large and clear & helpful.

The hood is ModernAire PS26 or PS29 with polished bands, rivets & a pot rail. My contact person there was Pat Hartman.

Hope this helps!
Katie

o

Thanks Katie!

o

Katie,

I'm curious how wide each of your wall cabinets are? They look like they are at least 18" wide, or 36" wide for a double door cabinet. I'm trying to figure out the best proportions for my wall cabinets. Any advise? Hope you love your new, new kitchen!

o

Katie,

Do you, by chance, have more photos of your kitchen posted somewhere? I have seen the one of your "in construction" kitchen when I was doing a search for marble and the one angle with the wall oven but I'd love to see more of it and see the details. I can't seem to find any more! Thank you!

o

Dear babs,

You can see more of Katieob's kitchen (now, I believe, her former kitchen) at her account:

Here is a link that might be useful: Katieob's kitchen and house photos

o

Thank you so much!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here