Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprengle1

Moen Aberdeen

sprengle1
15 years ago

After much searching, we may choose the Moen Aberdeen pullout in ORB. It fits our budget and style (though I'm in love with the Grohe Bridgeford and if money opens up elsewhere...) Does anyone have the Aberdeen? Are you happy with it?

Comments (18)

• faucetman886
    15 years ago

Both Moen and Grohe are good brands. Moen has an outstanding guarantee for the life of the original owner and installation. I have the Grohe Bridgeford and feel that you just can't beat the German quality of the Grohe. Just feeling the weight and sturdiness of the Grohe immediately shows the quality of the device and makes it well worth the extra money. I have a good source for either and be pleased to give you a reference, but I refrain from being too commercial on the forums or to appear as spam. If I can help let me know.

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

I have the Aberdeen single handle in Copper, and LOVE it. Great faucet. Heavy and seems pretty indestructible. The operation of the pullout is very good and makes a nice smooth snaky sound. You do need to turn the water on to a certain level for the pressure to keep the spray function 'stuck', otherwise it reverts to stream. (I've actually liked this feature.)
    Mine is about 8 months old, so I can't speak to longevity yet, but the buttons are still very solid. VERY easy to clean, a huge plus.

My plumber prefers Moen for the ease of repair and customer service.

Lastly, you can get great deals on it on eBay; I got mine for $220.

I paired my Aberdeen with a Moen water filter and copper disposal air switch:

• sprengle1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Faucetman, sent you an email!

Wow, that looks really nice! We'd thought about copper as well but are waiting until the cabinets are in to decide.

Hmm, I may have to look into the air switch thing. I never heard of them until a week ago! We already wired and had final inspection on the switched outlet for ours, but I suppose we could change that if we go to an air switch.

• User
    15 years ago

We installed the Aberdeen after a reveiw given by RMLanza, and it's awesome! We love love love it, and couldn't be happier, it's wonderful. Did I mention that we love it?

• claybabe
    15 years ago

We've had ours in for two years and love them. Solid, no problems, good "snaky" sound (!) when it rolls back in. No dangling.

We debated the copper finish v. orb, and decided that the orb was what we needed, but the copper still stops my heart when I see it, Circuspeanut! Clare de Luna also has it in copper. wow.

• flatcoat2004
    15 years ago

I have the Aberdeen in chrome, and like it very much.

One problem I had (that was probably a minor installation oversight) was that it had a progressively worsening leak in the first couple week after install ... leaking into the cabinet under the sink. After freaking out a couple times, and the contractor not finding anything wrong with it, I looked into it and found that the screw connection between the flexible hose and the pulldown handpiece was not completely tightened, and it must have been working its way loose. So it leaked all the way back up the fixture and into the cabinet below. Easy to fix though, by hand-tightening and checking regularly. I'm sure this is not a problem unique to this fixture though.

• sprengle1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is sounding better and better, thanks! I'd looked at the Camerist and wasn't really too thrilled with it, but was going to settle.

• dannie_gal
    15 years ago

I just sent Moen's customer service number to my friend because her 3 year old Aberdeen has been leaking around the plastic switch when she presses the spray function. For my build, my decision came down to the Aberdeen and the Delta Leland. The Leland won only because I could keep it on the spray function on at all times as I'm not one to switch back and forth often (more water pressure with spray function). As many times as I've used my friend's Aberdeen, I think it's a great faucet. Even though she has had this problem with hers, I would never hesitate buying Moen solely based on my own experience with Moen customer service. They truly stand behind their products 100%.

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Here's mine in action...washing my dd's stitched up ankle last spring! We've had ours for a year and a half and I still love each and every little thing about it! Mine is the ORB.

HTH!
    Robin

• sprengle1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's a great picture, lol.

That's ORB? It looks coppery to me. (which is fine bc I like copper, too). Is it IRL, or is the picture or my monitor?

I'm so happy that so many people are happy with theirs!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

It's just the lighting and the flash, it's ORB. But Moen's ORB has a coppery undertone to it. It's not as black as some ORB, definitely more brownish.

• sprengle1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Which is exactly why I went in their direction! Thanks for clearing that up!

• debo_2006
    15 years ago

We've had our SS Aberdeen for a year and a half now and it's a great faucet. I like everything about it. I agree with all the positive comments above.

I usually let mine dangle just a little bit when the water is on so it hits the right spot in my sink (I have a small sink).

I'd buy it again.

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

You're welcome!

And BTW, Flatcoat, I forgot to mention but your kitchen and especially your backsplash is just AMAZING! Those colors don't normally appeal to me but I am just in awe of that backsplash...really stunning!

Robin

• budge1
    15 years ago

We've had ours in brushed SS for 3 years and have had no problems and, in fact, really love it.

• lauren674
    15 years ago

We've had ours for four years and its doing great. Its the right size for our large/deep kohler sink Here's a picture taken in 2004:

• sprengle1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love it even more after seeing all the pictures. Your kitchens are beautiful! And DH can get a great idea of how it looks!

7 hours to tearout!

Thank you so much! More pictures, please!

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

Flatcoat,

Is that really the Aberdeen in your picture? (I've never seen an Aberdeen model with an integral single handle like that.)

And you know I love your backsplash, with its fabulous Russel Wright American Modern colors!