Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catlover5

Layout for very small kitchen

catlover5
9 years ago

I need an L-shaped layout for a very small kitchen. The walls for the L are 109x100 inches. I would like to have a 30 inch stove, 30 inch fridge, 24 inch DW and the largest single bowl sink I could have along with a 5 drawer base and a cabinet for pots and pans. I did something a few years back using a 24 inch fridge and 18 inch DW in the L which was a disaster - a huge disappointment, a waste of money and resources. I sold the 24 inch fridge on CL and bought a 36 inch counter depth french door that blocks half the slider. Where the fridge was is a gaping hole that holds the cat food and hot/cold water dispenser. The 18 inch DW works great especially since we had none; however, I would really like a 24 inch DW this time. I know I'm squeezing 10 lbs of s--t into a 5 lb bag.

Trying to talk DH into moving the sliding door from the kitchen to the dining room, a room we use 3x a year to eat but walk through on a daily basis. This would give me a tight U-shaped 101x109x100 to work with but there is a lot involved: Moving radiator in dining room, moving sliding doors from kitchen to dining room, moving water outside, removing steps under kitchen patio door, installing steps under dining room patio door. This is my only out; we cannot extend walls, add on or combine rooms.

He won't move. I won't cook. So I'm trying again!

Thank you.

Comments (2)