Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaymielo_gw

Under sink space with Ticor Single Bowl Sink

jaymielo
16 years ago

I was planning on having a pull out trash under my sink, but it occurred to me last night that with the depth and drain location of the Ticor Single Bowl sink I have chosen and the garbage disposal, there may not be much room for anything down there... Does anyone have this configuration that can give me an idea of the space "left over" when installed (or better yet, post a picture?)!!

Thanks! Jaymie

Comments (11)

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Which sink are you getting and what size is your sink base going to be?

Are you planning anything else under that sink besides a GD (I'm assuming not since you didn't mention anything else)? But, just in case...InstaHot or filtered water? Tapmaster? NeverMT? All these things also take up space.

• jaymielo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

buehl, That would be important information, wouldn't it. Sorry, my head must have been in the clouds this morning. I'm looking at the Ticor S112 from Galaxy Tool Supply. We will have an In-Sink-Erator garbage disposal with an airswitch but I think that is it. Jaymie

Here is a link that might be useful: Ticor S112

• holligator
    16 years ago

jaymielo, I'll have that exact sink installed in about a week. If you don't have a pic by then, I'd be happy to take one for you. I do think that, between the depth of the sink, the center drain, and the disposal, there probably won't be room for a normal sized trash pull-out. How wide is your sink cabinet going to be?

• jaymielo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks holligator, I'd love it if you could post a picture after installation. My sink base is 36". I'm wondering if I could do the "trashcan attached to the cabinet door" configuration instead of the pullout... We will have another trashcan near the range but I'd like to have one near the sink also... Thanks so much and good luck with your installation. Jaymie

• auntiebubba
    16 years ago

jaymielo - I have a 33" sink base with the Tricor sink from Galaxy. I also have the Evolution(?) disposal and a water filtration system installed. I don't have the dimensions on me, but can measure later if needed.

I've also been looking at adding a trash pullout to supplement the one near the range (I miss having the undersink trash, it is so handy).

If you look at the dimensions on the Rev-a-shelf site I'm sure you'll find a trashcan that can fit under the sink, there are so many different configurations available. I narrowed down 1-2 that would fit under the right side of the sink, just can't remember which ones at the moment.

• jaymielo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, auntiebubba... Thank you so much for taking pictures for me. That is "my" sink and believe it or not, I believe that is the disposal we will be using. A 3/4 HP Evolution Pro Compact. There is MUCH more room down there than I was imagining. I really think I can still fit SOME SORT of garbage under there. I'll check out the rev-a-shelf site... And, it is nice to know that I could go with a 33" sink base as well. For some reason, 36" was stuck in my mind, but I'll have to look at my design and see if that 3 inches would be better spent somewhere else. I really appreciate you taking pictures for me! You under sink cabinet is SO CLEAN!

BTW. What type of faucet is that? I'm obsessed with faucets these days!

Thank you again for the information. It really helped me out.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

You'll have a 36" sink base, minus the walls (3/4" each?), so approx 34.5". If framed, take another 3/4" each off, so 33" opening.

GD is around 8" wide (Evolution CompactÂ)

Half the sink base is 16.5", minus half the GD (since hole is centered) 4"....that leaves you with approx 12.5" opening.

Some possibilities:

Single:
    9" opening: Single Trash Pull-Out 20qt
    10-3/4" opening: Single Trash Pull-Out 35qt

Double:
    12" opening: Double Trash Pull-Out 27qt

Even if you go with a 33" sink base, you still should have a round a 9.5" opening...the smaller single should still fit....but this is all subject to guesstimates on cabinet sizes, frames, etc. You'll need precise measurements to be sure.

HTH!

• jaymielo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

buehl,

Thank you for taking the time to do that calculation! It sounds like I will definitely be able to add a pull out trash, whether my cabinet make does it or I "wait and see" on the dimensions once the sink is in and do it myself. That is a relief.

j.

• auntiebubba
    16 years ago

Glad I could be of help. I did some quick measurements and buehl's calculations are pretty accurate. Our cabs are framed so that cuts down the available space to about 11.25" at the narrowest area, but there are still a couple of single pullouts that will work - and even a double that I think we can squeeze in.

The faucet is the Treviso single pullout by Price Pfister - a brand which has gotten some dodgey reviews on this forum... So far so good - we love it and have had no problems with it.

• auntiebubba
    16 years ago

Jaymielo  It fits, it fits!!! I found a pullout and just had to share it with you so you can see a trash pullout under the Ticor sink, and a Evolution garbage disposal in a 33" sink base. (doing happy dance :)

As you can see from the pictures above, the top of the cans nearly graze the 10" deep Ticor sink so over filling the bins is not an option. Our granite is the 3cm stuff which I believe is the thickest available; 2cm slabs should give more clearance.

I couldn't believe it when I spotted the Rev-a-Shelf Double 27Qt. Pull-Out (RV-15PBC-S) in Lowes Saturday and it was over 50% less than the one on the Revashelf website (RV-15KD)!!! (The door mount kit was also 50% less).

The installation was super easy. The only problem I encountered wasnÂt with the width or height, but the depth!!! Of all things, the thick air switch plug/box for the garbage disposal protrudes about 2" and interferes with the rear bin. Otherwise it fits perfectly! Fortunately since I planned on using the two bins for food scraps and redeemable cans/bottles I will only need a small pale for the food scraps I may just switch out the rear bin for a smaller pale for food scraps and leave it at that.

If you have any control over the placement of your outlets and plumbing I would try to get them positioned so that they arenÂt directly behind the pullout and you'll have no problem.

Good luck on your remodel!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lowes RV-15PBC same as RV-15KD

• jaymielo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

auntiebubba, thank you so much for sharing your experience and pictures again. I'm going to go out to Lowe's this weekend and look for this trash pullout. I REALLY appreciate your help! Jaymie