Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wellborn cabinets? Opinions?

Posted by Boops2012 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 8:18

I'm looking at Well born cabinets. Any thoughts or experiences?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wellborn cabinets? Opinions?

I have Wellborn in one of my bathrooms and the cabinets are just fine. This bathroom is rarely used, so I can't tell you how sturdy the cabinets are, but they look pretty.

My GC likes Wellborn and I think he's very concerned about quality. I'm not using them for my kitchen, however, because Wellborn only makes framed cabinets and I want frameless.

o

We have Wellborn cabinets in two bathrooms and for the kitchen island. In the bathroom that the kids use, we have the mocha cream (painted/glazed). After 3 1/2 years, it stilllooks like new. Remarkable, as the kids never think to run the fan. In the master bath we have cherry, and they also look like new.

My big disappointment is with the island. It is the painted black, not distressed finish (midnight, maybe?). While the construction is good, the finish leaves something to be desired. The paint is chipping in several spots, as well as wearing thin around the knobs on the most used drawers. It is also extremely difficult to clean without streaking. I tell my husband I'm glad we didn't pay the up-charge for distressing, as we've done it so well for free.

Totally Confused

o

We just had are wellborn cabinets delivered yesterday and will be installed on Monday. I will let u know how they look once they are out in. We ordered wellborn for my daughters bathroom, the master bathroom ad also the kitchen (White Shaker style). Here are the kitchen ones.

o

Here is my daughters cabinets for her bathroom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here