Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Imperial Danby Honed Dilemma, 2littlefishies?

Posted by Lorenza5064 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 7:46

I have determined that I want Imperial Danby Marble, honed for my kitchen (white cabs, hardwood floor). The slabs that are available right now are very heavily veined/streaked. The samples that I have seen were much "quieter", very similar to the marble that 2littlefishies installed. She has posted numerous, beautiful images of her kitchen. I am uncomfortable with the slabs that are "on hold" for me. I would also consider other variants of Imperial Danby or other honed marble species that have subtle veining characteristics. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Imperial Danby Honed Dilemma, 2littlefishies?

Are you in a hurry? Will they be getting more in? I chose the slabs in the back of the stack which were quieter than those in the front of the stack. (If that makes any sense.) There are many Danby marbles (7 or 8?) but Imperial has the gray and gold veining. Did you look at their site? I'd also see if somewhere else has slabs you could look at. I wouldn't settle on ones you don't like!

DSC00044 photo file-1.jpg

DSC00042 photo file.jpg

o

That is some beautiful marble 2littlefishes
Where did you locate it and who was fabricator?
I'm in east Pa and nothing near me like this tha I'vebeen able to track down anyway...

o

Thank you!
I'm in NJ. We got it at PMI in Marlboro and our fabricator was Elite Granite- I in Englishtown.

o

2lf, I figured you would ask me those ??? Yes, I have been to the Vermont Danby website. There are others that r interesting, but I do feel that Imperial is "the pick of the litter", hence the name. I am about to "break ground" on the reno, so we are probably 6-8 weeks away from counter top. I will press my fabricator a bit on sourcing other slabs as I agree that I should not compromise, too important, focal, and expensive. I would say that your slabs represent the ideal variant of Imperial Danby and that was the look of the samples and examples I have seen. Thanks for the response. BTW, I am using your lovely corner detail, I call it "chamfered with larks tongue". My KD was quite impressed with the visuals you provided and it is always great to bring design expertise to the KD ;-o))).

o

Awesome! Glad I could help in any way : )

o

We used PMI also. They have a website with current inventory. It is either PMI rock dot com or PMI stone dot com I think.

o

Thanks I'll check out PMI

o

Hola,
I found this from Marble and Granite Westwood, MA, where I got my Mountain White Danby.

see lot 10575 in the link below.
pretty.

Amanda

Here is a link that might be useful: check out lot 10575

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here