Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a microwave which will fit in this?

Posted by JimT_OH (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 25, 11 at 6:38

I recently purchased KraftMaid cabinets. One of the cabinets is a "Microwave Box". This is used to house a built in microwave. The box is 30" wide, 18" high and 18" deep. I figured most microwaves would fit. Well, in looking at built in microwaves, I can't seem to find one that is 18" or less in depth. Now, I have found a lot of contertop microwave which are less than 18" deep, but I need one with a trim kit to fit into this cabinet. All of the built in microwaves that I have seen are 19" - 21" deep.

Does anyone know of a built in microwave which is 18" deep or less?

Thanks for much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a microwave which will fit in this?

Check out the GE PEM31 - I have the previous model the JEM31. The make a trim kit for it as well. It's only about 12 or 13 inches deep. I have it built into an upper cabinet although in that case we had to recess it into the wall a bit. With an 18" deep cabinet you won't have a problem.

o

Yeah, there are a lot of countertop microwaves that come with trim kits that should work. You can filter by trim kits and then by depth at ajmadison, if you want to get an idea of what's out there.

o

Thanks so much for the pointers. I had not been to ajmadison website. What a great site. I found a bunch that will fit. Thanks again!

o

I was going to suggest AJ Madison and see that it was not only recommended but you checked it out. They have great filters and I can vouch for them. I bought some MAJOR appliances from them and their customer service has been terrific.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here