Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teeboo_gw

Lady from October with sink and faucet question

teeboo
10 years ago

posted by: teeboo on 12.31.2013 at 01:00 pm in Kitchens Forum

Lady from October
First I will attach picture of layout of kitchen but keep in mind they show 2 windows to left of island but I only have 1. Also the front of cottage is almost all glass so you can drink in the view of the water, hence the removal of the wall between the old kitchen and the living

As you will see below, cabinets are in. Granite will be installed next week. Have any of you ordered a superior sink and faucet made by IPT Company out of Georgia? Please comment on this brand. Seem to be good solid sinks and faucets but unfamiliar with kbrand.

Comments (11)

• Gracie
    10 years ago

From Googling, it seems they sell only to fabricators. Is this a free sink with granite purchase? I'd want to know if it was made in China. What I have heard is that Chinese sinks are made from recycled steel and can have impurities, but you'll need to investigate that yourself.

I would never buy an unknown brand faucet. Not worth the headache.

You'll need to post "dulpicate" in your other thread or it will stay at the top of the forum page for eternity.

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I called the company and was told that these sinks are made in Georgia. They are 304 stainless steel with insulating pads and insulation. There return policy is 7 days with no restocking fee. Need to call for authorization prior to returning if it does not meet my specifications. I pay return shipping. I am taking a chance and ordered the sink last Friday. Should be at my fabricator on Tuesday. I will let them be the judge as to whether this is a good sink as they deal with all types. If not, I will simply return it and get another. Will try to remember to do a follow-up on the sink.

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Would you recommend a ss stove and OR microwave or all white appliances. Have ordered a white CD ref which will be beside the pantry and a white DW which is in the island across from stove location. Thanks for your advice as I have not ordered the stove.

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the original layout with full height cabinets beside the laundry room door to balance island. Will follow up with another picture. Thanks Jen

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Forgot to add the picture.. Sorry Jen

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What do you think of using a barrister bookcase with stenciled letters and picture or mirror above instead of the built in cabinet to balance kitchen cabinets on the right of the laundry room door?

• Chef4Six
    9 years ago

Any updates on the IPT sink - the quality of it - did you keep it? what are your reviews??

• teeboo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will also add photo of the original kitchen. This is my remodeled kitchen. My first guest called after viewing original cottage photos and told me that she could not imagine purchasing the cottage because of its condition and was absolutely amazed at the transformation.
    Opted to not go with a cabinet opposite the laundry room door but purchased a buffet and daughter made a chalkboard hanging station which we hung above. I chose millennium cream granite, IPT 16 gauge zero radius sink, Premier Charleston bridge faucet, white cabinets and appliances instead of stainless. We are extremely pleased with our selections as it is a small cottage. Serves us well. We also removed the window from the original kitchen and added a pantry privacy wall beside the counter depth refrigerator. Thanks for all your input.

Now for the original question regarding my IPT zero radius sink purchase. I am very satisfied. It is deeper than a traditional sink and also has a lot more surface area than a traditional sink. I ordered a 60/40 split; however, if I were to order today, I would order the 70/30 because the 70 side would be almost as large as a traditional single sink. IPT shipped directly to my fabricator. Because the fabricator was so impressed with the quality of the sink, he is now purchasing sinks from them. I am in an open room and the insulation pads work extremely well. I would highly recommend these sinks. Plumber stated when installing that it was an extremely well built sink.

I also ordered the Premier Charleston bridge faucet which I really like. I ordered it through Red Sales and Marketing in Greenville, SC. Plumbers in our area consider this brand to be an extremely high end faucet. Do not carry these at your big box stores. Phone number for Red Sales is 864-270-4703. Great company to work with and unbelievably quick turn around time. Less than 1 week for sink and faucet.

• teeboo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This photo shows the pantry privacy wall added to the kitchen. The kitchen wall originally stopped where the refrigerator sits.

• teeboo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Original kitchen with window and wall between the kitchen and living room

• missymoo12
    9 years ago

Teeboo It turned out beautifully! It is so bright and open with the beamed opening. You don't miss that window over the old sink. The different bar stools are cute.
    My GW name is changed but I think we emailed about your design. It turned out great, perfect for a lake cottage.

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider