Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_davis

Fabricator in Sacramento, CA area?

jan_in_davis
9 years ago

I think I've found the granite I want at a granite yard (Medimer) in Sacramento. The fabricator I thought I was going to use is in Vallejo, which seems a little far away and they sent me to MSI in Hayward to look at granite, so I don't think they'll want to get it from Sacto. There are lots of fabricators, but I don't know how to select one, except from recommendations. So, anyone on here have a recommendation? I'm in Davis.

Comments (4)

• Hogette-gw
    9 years ago

Natural Stone Design Gallery is a very nice show room and fabricator, I ended up using a Stockton shop as my local cabinet maker had a better price with them, but I have been in a few homes that used them and what I saw was impressive.

Kind of odd that we live in this big metropolitan area, but it seems that there aren't many to check with. But I wish you good luck and hope you LOVE what you find.

Beth

• lucycakes
    9 years ago

This was a few years ago but we used Montgomery Marble to fabricate granite that we purchased at Bedrosians. They did an excellent job.
    Also, Medimer can probably give you a list of fabricators they send people to.
    Good luck!

• jan_in_davis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks hogette and lucycakes. It's funny, but Natural Stone was actually who sent me to Medimer's - I was looking for an appliance store that my iPad had said was on Del Paso, and after driving around the block twice and observing that the number I had was now a collision repair shop, I noticed the sign for "Natural Stone" and decided to see what they had so the trip wouldn't be a total waste! The very nice person there said they didn't actually have granite but gave me a list of granite places and Medimer was on my way home from there (still trying to keep the trip from being a total waste) so I stopped there and found this gorgeous granite.
    So I guess I'll go talk to them. And it's a great idea to ask Medimer if they have recommendations; I hadn't thought of that (dumb!!!).

• jan_in_davis
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I ended up using Stones & Beyond (turns out I had remembered the name wrong - that was the place that sent me to Medimer's to begin with), and they did an absolutely GREAT job! My granite was installed yesterday, I'm still smiling every time I look at it (despite all the work ahead putting things back together!). They did a super job of matching things (which was tricky because my granite has a lot of stuff going on), everyone there was really responsive, the installers were careful and nice. So for the next person who's looking for a granite fabricator in Sacramento, I highly recommend Stones & Beyond :-).