Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can You ID this Bowl?

Posted by monicakm (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 1:31

I saw this earlier today on an allrecipes.com video. Does anyone know who makes it and where I could get it?
Thanks so much!
Monica/Class of 2002 :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can You ID this Bowl?

oooh, a scavenger hunt !! This isn't it, but it looks close ...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.everythingkitchens.com/mixermate-white-bowl-MMB-W.html

o

Darn, I found it too quick. : (

It's a Pourfect bowl. They come in bunches of different sizes from 1/64 teaspoon up to 12 cup bowl. They come in white, red, green apple, black, blue, tangerine, pistachio, cream, pewter, pink, caviar (what color is that?), yellow, plum (colors all found on Amazon, some may be discontinued). You can get a whole 27pc set from Overstock for $49.49.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/POURfect-27-piece-White-Bowl-and-Tool-Set/4587119/product.html

http://pourfectbowl.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/POURfect-27-piece-White-Bowl-and-Tool-Set/4587119/product.html

o

Btw ... Hi Monica !! Haven't "seen" you around here in a long time. Still love your kitchen with the granite tiles counter. Best looking example of this I have seen.

o

See? I knew I could count on the GW Kitchen gals :) I asked a small group of ladies on my digital camera forum but they didn't know. I told them, "I'll ask the GW girls. If it's out there, they'll know where to find it" :)
So thanks Angela! These look really interesting.

I'm not on the forums much anymore mostly because I can't see the pictures people embed from their computers. I can see them if they've used the old method of embedding but most people aren't doing that.

Our kitchen remodel was in 2002 and in 2007 we knocked down a wall between the kitchen and living room, turning the living room into a much needed dining room and placed a peninsula between the two. Here's a picture of the bar and diningroom. If you remember, David does all our work. He made the template for the peninsula and he installed the black galaxy base tiles. Started with 24" tiles and cut/beveled them into 4" strips of 6,12 and 24 lengths. I love it! It stayed "nekkid" for four years till we could come up with a plan that we both liked :)

I'm ready (he isn't) for our last remodel job. His bathroom. He likes his 30 year old bathroom! (lol)

o

GORGEOUS !!!!!!!!!!!

o

Hi Monica, I'm wondering if you ever bought the Pourfect bowl and what you thought of them ?

o

Hi Angela, yes, I did buy them. I think it's a 3 piece set. Hummm, what do I think? They're "ok". They do what they're supposed to do but I was expecting (or hoping) they'd be constructed more like an OXO bowl. They're thinner and lighter weight. I don't reach for them as often as I thought I would BECAUSE of the pour spout. When stirring, the indented part of the spout that's down in the bowl makes stirring and scraping a little awkward. Same when using a hand mixer. I wouldn't buy them again. A lady on my digital camera group bought a set too. I'll get her opinion and let you know what she thinks.
Monica

This post was edited by monicakm on Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 13:49

o
RE: Can You ID this Bowl?/Another Response

Here is my friends opinion of the Pourfect Bowls. Maybe I'm just too finicky (g)

I did buy a set and really like them, especially the handle. I use them a lot to mix the nectar to fill up my hummingbird feeders since it's easy to pour into the containers. My only complaint would be that the measurement indicators on the inside of the bowls are hard to see/read. Other than that, I really like them.
Sheila

o

Thanks so much for the update.

o

I'll chime in here, since I've had one for several years. I love it, but use it exclusively for adding dry ingredients to my stand mixer while it's running. No more flour all over the side of the Kitchenaid and counter - brilliant!

o

Looks like I might need to give them another try :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here