Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kobes51

re-reveal curvy natural cherry kitchen (tons of pics)

badgergal
11 years ago

I can't believe my new kitchen just turned 1 year old. I did a reveal after it was done and I have posted individual pictures many times since then. I just decided to post on the finished kitchen blog but realized that some of my original pictures have been moved around in my photo-bucket account and consequently deleted in my original reveal. So I thought it was easiest to just start over.
I am sorry if I should not be doing this a second time and apologize to those of you are tired of seeing my kitchen. Also sorry that the pictures are so large-can't edit the size on my iPad.
My original kitchen was a 10'-8" x 11' space. My DH and I always felt trapped in its small u-shape. We hired an independent designer to address this concern and come up with a new floor plan. The only way we could increase the size of the kitchen a little was to shift and reduce the large entry way to the kitchen and dining area. This made the kitchen 12'-8" x 11'.
We hired a small Amish cabinet shop that we were familiar with to make and install our new cabinets. Since we already had some cherry accents in our hardwood floors we decided to go with natural cherry cabinets.
We used a general contractor to do the demo, construction, plumbing, electrical and the floor repair/refinishing. We hired our own granite fabricator. Our remodel was 7 weeks start to finish. And we were extremely lucky to have no issues at all in the remodel process.

Here is our original floor plan
{{gwi:1565568}}
And some pictures of the original kitchen

{{gwi:1565573}}

{{gwi:1565578}}

Our new floor plan
{{gwi:1565579}}
New Kitchen
View from dining area

New Island

Silgranit Performa Medium Sink and Grohe LadyLuxe3 faucet

Bosch 500 series custom panel dishwasher

So easy to unload dishes into drawer

36 inch dish drawer

Rev-a-Shelf Pullout Trash

Backside of island-Cabinet maker surprised us by adding small display shelves
{{gwi:1565587}}

Tech Lighting Otto Pendants give off nice diffused light

GE Profile Oven and GE Advantium Speed Cook Oven

Above oven storage

Glass,stone and stainless back splash and Dacor Renaissance
Cooktop

Close up view of tile- 21Century - Shamrock Shake Multi

Verde Peacock Granite

Love my Venta Hood Model ZTH

Pantry Pull Outs- surprised how much this small pantry holds
{{gwi:1565597}}

Spice drawer thanks to Breezy

Carpenter shortened drawer and cut down drawer sides to clear cooktop

Angled Cabinets on each side of oven cabinet actually store lots of items
{{gwi:1565600}}

Samsung Counter Depth Refrigerator
{{gwi:1565601}}

Kichler DesignPro LED Under cabinet lighting- Don't know how I lived without it before

Kitchen Sitting Area- These swivel gliders are so comfy
{{gwi:1565603}}

Dining Area

Kichler Quinn Chandelier

New China Cabinet

Close up of cabinet hardware- Hickory Hardware Greenwich Collection

This post was edited by badgergal on Thu, May 30, 13 at 19:02

Comments (42)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

BG
    Too funny- I was just reviewing another post and noticed your missing pictures! I always live seeing your gorgeous kitchen. Have you posted on the finished kitchen spot? If not this should trigger an email to get you started.
    I am afraid to organize my pictures for the same reason!
    I am planning to borrow a friends SLR to take better pictures for the final kitchen site.

• localeater
    11 years ago

I love your re-reveal. I never noticed before that your backsplash is only behind your cooktop. That is something I am contemplating and now I feel newly inspired!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Those cabs are so beautiful! Did you say they are natural cherry? No stain, right? So, so pretty. I'm glad you put it on again. Who gets credit for thinking of the curvy cabs?

• ck_squared
    11 years ago

Oh! This kitchen! Thanks for posting it all in one place. Love seeing everything at once. Your kitchen turned out beautifully. Love your pulls and I am seriously considering them in our remodel.

TFS!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

I love seeing pics of your kitchen! Beautiful. I am now sure I spend too much time here, I recognized your granite as verde peacock before you wrote that it was. A year ago I couldn't tell quartz from granite.

• crl_
    11 years ago

Beautiful kitchen ! Thank you for sharing again.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Never too tired to see your lovely kit! I agree that it is nice seeing all the pictures together.

• ControlfreakECS
    11 years ago

Can't believe it's been a year, since it was such an inspiration for my own, now finished kitchen. Great job!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Bagergal, I don't think I ever saw your reveal because I sure would have remembered! It's gorgeous. I love the sumptuous curves and the fabulous stone. The creativity is awesome and it also functions so perfectly. Thanks so much for the re reveal!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Love it still!

• caitlinmagner
    11 years ago

gorgeous!

• CallMeJane
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! Very creative. Mind sharing who did your cabinets?

• kellienoelle
    11 years ago

Happy birthday to one of my favorite kitchens! You should celebrate it with a birthday cake that you bake in it!

Those curves are just so unique and special.

• cathy725
    11 years ago

Thanks for the repost! I missed the first reveal and noticed some of your photos had disappeared. Such a beautiful kitchen!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

I'm glad for the repost too. I've seen a photo of your kitchen here and there, but have never seen the whole thing. Your kitchen is gorgeous and I love your sitting area. How do you like the trash pullout?

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

yea.
    I admit it.
    I'm sick of looking at pictures of people's kitchens.
    Yes. Bored.
    BTDT, with nothing new under the sun.
    Yes. Bored.

Ok. I'll be back.
    Gonna browse through the last 6 months of kitchens just to make certain I didn't miss anything that bores me.
    I'll also make certain to publicly chastise anyone who has not bothered to post every completed picture (and not so complete) so I can be tired of them.

[whisper] I have such kitchen envy of your beautiful, light and clean space. Tired? [snort] keep 'em coming.

• msl511
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• deedles
    11 years ago

CEfreeman: you crack me up.

• blfenton
    11 years ago

What I never noticed before was how beautiful the edges of your counters are with the way the colour goes right through the whole slab. (of course but I just never noticed.) It;s gorgeous.

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

I can never see too much of your beautiful kitchen or see it too often. Thanks for posting it again!

• BerlinGirl
    11 years ago

No words...really, one of my hands down favorite kitchens of all time. Just totally blows me away.

• coco4444
    11 years ago

I love your space, and really like the unique elements (curves cabs and corner ovens).

Curious questions tho: since it gets asked here a bit: any issues with storing your wine above the (potential heat source) fridge? Also, is it safe to store a rolled up paper (a manual maybe?) so close underneath your gas cooktop? I don't have gas, so I don't know if it's a combustion risk underneath the burners.

• ae2ga
    11 years ago

There is no such thing as too many pictures or too frequent pictures of a kitchen that lovely. Maybe everyday for a couple of years, and we might tire of it - otherwise, no way. I think there should be more pictures to be perfectly honest.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Thank you. I had not seen it. I really love your hood and tile. You must be so happy now.

• Jfay
    11 years ago

Very clever design. lovely.

• cathy725
    11 years ago

Another question: what brand/model is your soap dispenser. From one angle it looks like it has a longer nozzle (is that what it's called?). Seems like that would be very nice to have! I'm searching for soap dispensers now that I've picked out my faucet!

• badgergal
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cathy, I sent you an email with some info about the soap dispenser. Let me know if you don't receive it.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

I agree, one of my all-time favorite kitchens! The curvy cabinets are incredible.

• tea4all
    11 years ago

So very glad that you re-posted everything together! It is extremely frustrating when pictures no longer show up in the thread. I love your kitchen! It is one of my favorites too. This time I noticed your angled cabinets by your oven. That is so clever! I am going to save this thread to refer back to your design as we plan our Reno.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! May you enjoy this kitchen for umpteen years to come!

• coco4444
    11 years ago

Thanks for the answers; I've always been curious about a real life experience with the wine near the fridge as I've heard on these boards not to do it. Now when somebody searches they can reference your experience!

• jaynees
    11 years ago

Wow what a difference! The new kitchen is lovely, but what I really love is the china cabinet. It's simply wonderful!!!

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Love it! This my first time seeing your kitchen, so thank you for posting these gorgeous pictures :-)

• amandapadgett
    11 years ago

It is gorgeous!! You did an amazing job!!

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

My first time seeing it, too. What fun!

• taggie
    11 years ago

badger_gal I love your kitchen, the cabinetry is so beautiful and original. Love the cozy sitting nook too, it makes me want to curl up with a book. I've long admired your kitchen but I never noticed your pendants before ... they are really lovely and they play off your backsplash just perfectly.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Thanks, that was fun to see and read through. I smile every time I see your backsplash and curvy island! Must say, you are quite the visionary. I would never have looked twice at your backsplash sample but it's fabulous in place.

• badgergal
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jaynees, Aboutto get Dusty, amandapadgett, and donaleen: thank you for your comments. I enjoy watching everyone's kitchens come together on this forum. We are all truly blessed to have such beautiful kitchens.

Taggie: thank you, we love the sitting area too. When we bought the house that area was set up as a dinette . We didn't like the look of a dinette table and dining table practically side by side so we turned into a comfy sitting area. Seems like someone is always sitting there. My sister turned me on to Tech Lighting. A bit pricey but I am glad that I went with them.

Oldbat2be: thanks, I followed your backsplash saga. Yours is certainly beautiful. I had a sample of cabinet wood and knew I wanted dark counters. I started out looking at the lowest priced granite and the verde peacock had my favorite color in it so that was an easy decision. I took a sample of the granite to a couple tile stores and that one jumped out of the box of samples and said, "pick me" just like a little puppy at the dog pound did one day. Unlike most GWers, I ordered my backsplash tile before anything else was actually ordered. I wanted to make sure it wouldn't suddenly be discontinued.

• Peke
    11 years ago

Oh my! I am so glad you roster the pics.
    Love those wonderful curves. So creative...even the china cabinet has curves.

Backslash...beautiful....does it have stainless steel in it? I would like it in a blue green. Lovely.
    Thank you for posting again. Peek

• Holly- Kay
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• badgergal
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Peke,
    I was surprised to get your follow up the other day to my re-reveal post. Thank you for your compliment. My backsplash tile does have stainless tiles in the mix. I like the addition of the stainless with the tiles but it does make it difficult to get a good picture of it with the camera flash. The lighter glass tile is a blue/green color but the rest of the glass tile or definitely green. The one is so dark green it looks almost black. Hope you find the perfect tiles for your backsplash.
    Thank you too, Holly Kay. I still love how everything turned out. The cabinets are even more beautiful in person.

• heidihausfrau
    11 years ago

Thank you for reposting your amazing kitchen!! I recognized bits and pieces from other posts, but seeing it all together is wonderful! Your kitchen is so unique! I love it :)