Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bianco Antico Edges

Posted by erika320 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 1:18

I'm considering Bianco Antico or something similar like Lennon for the granite for my kitchen. I'd like a simple bevel edge. I think it looks finished without too much fuss. I told this to a fabricator and she discouraged me. She said that because the granite is grainy it is likely to chip during the fabrication process. Has anyone else heard this? Has it happened to anyone?

I love the stone and would really appreciate some help on this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bianco Antico Edges

We had Bianco Antico with the ogee edge installed. Fabricator did an excellent job on edges. However, during the installation process at my home they cracked the granite. We ended up getting a good warranty and a good discount because of this. We were lucky because the crack is in a low traffic area and they did do a good job in repairing it. I included a picture of the ogee edge. We get a lot of complements on how beautiful the granite is. I love just looking at the granite and am so pleased we went with the granite.

o

I had the same granite. I used the slightly eased edge and never had a problem.

o

I have White diamond aka bianco antico.

We have had no issues with chips on the eased edges. We do have some very minor chips in the middle of the island which has big quartz deposits and one very very minor chip at the sink edge.

There is one spot which is a 90 degree angle that we think was repaired at the shop. It is a big chunk of quartz right on the corner and we "think" it may have pop out and was glued back into place. I doubt anyone else would even notice anything. DH looks at everything with a fine tooth comb so he noticed it. I don't have a photo of it.

Here are the best photos I have of the edges.

photo kitchen9-5006.jpg

photo kitchen9-5007.jpg

photo kitchen9-5008.jpg

o

I am a fabricator.

Bianco Antico is a "chippy" stone. I normally recommend a radiused edge because it chips less in processing and is less easily chipped in use.

A bevel would be OK if the edges of the bevel were radiused. sharp angles in the edge on that stone are to be avoided.

o

Thank you so much! I will definitely keep this stone in mind. I was bummed that I'd have to pick a different stone. I love the sparkle and movement of this granite.

Thank you all so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here