Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What granite fits cherry shaker cabinet?

Posted by mononoke1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 0:30

I feel I lose brain power to continue research/compare/look around...I am looking golden, bright, yellowish color, and busy pattern (so it the join area will not be too visible). Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Also, my cabinets are not too high end, they are not custom designed, so is it worth to spend a lot of Monet on granite? I like Golden Persia, but it is one of the most expensive ones in the store that I visited. So I am bit worried if it is worth, can the granite be reused if one day I end up having to change cabinets??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What granite fits cherry shaker cabinet?

New Venetian Gold, St Cecelia, Golden Beaches, Colonial Gold

o

Yellow River, Vyara Gold, Madura Gold, maybe even Copper Canyon (which is more peach than yellow)? Rather than searching for specific names, it's easier to browse the slabs available where you are. Just stop when you start to get overload and continue another day. Also, the names aren't the same among the different suppliers.

Do keep an open mind as you look at slabs. I thought I wanted blue or maybe beige/gray for my cherry kitchen, but I ended up with green and I couldn't be happier.

o

Ours is called Golden Crystal, from Brazil.Agree to keep an open mind when you are going to look, as we thought we'd end up with something different. Even with our granite, the slabs among the different Lots that the yard had varied greatly. It's important that you choose your specific slab(s).

o

Here is a picture of my granite Yellow River which just about goes with anything. I LOVE my granite and have never tired of its busy pattern. It is stunning. This picture has my template marks on it so excuse those please

backsplash and fireplace photo morebacksplashandfireplacearea.jpg

o

We chose Giallo Ornamental. It's similar to New Venetian Gold and St. Cecelia, but not as yellow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here