Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marthasdream

would love feedback on kitchen layout

marthasdream
13 years ago

Hi all!

YAY! I would love feedback from the fabulous designers here. I am 48 and love to cook, used to work in restaurants, plate all my food in a prep area before serving guests, love to hang out chatting while cooking, and can't stand to feel isolated. Outside I have roses, herbs, veggies and fruit trees. We spend a lot of time outside.

The backsplash is along the south wall and in the pantry backsplash - its stackstone polished marble with cool imperfections like vein in grays and taupes, mica and flashes of quartz. The counters are all granite in this dark butterfly blue pattern out of Brazil - not so crazy but some great paint color shades. The bar is in the great room area - it looks and feels like free standing furniture in gorgeous cherry. The eat-on counter is also solid cherry and you can see the wine and closed doors from the seating area. Everything in the bar and fridge area is cherry wood. The back / south wall is all painted cabinets as are the cabinets in the peninsula on the kitchen side. Cannot wait!

The back wall except for the utility closet is one long granite countertop with the Franke sink in the middle bit. Lots of prep area, baking area, sitting area lol! All lower cabinets except the peninsula are 30".

Let me know what you think!

I will have lots of art and collected porcelain, silver pieces, and collected glass bottles in this room. There are cool wood insets that make the bottom of some of the cabinets look like furniture and along the lower edge of the upper bar cabinet. The only floor to ceiling structures are along the bar/fridge wall. All lower cabinet are 30" deep and 37 1/2" tall. Perfect for us!

The peninsula only has the hood above waist high.

The south wall has all open shelving with two little upper cabinets set into all that open shelving - except for the utility closet that holds the brooms, that goes to the ceiling.

The next post will have a photo of the drawing so you can check it out. I am having trouble with the pictures - but will keep trying :)

- :) Martha

Image link: