Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished kitchen for calilforniagirl

Posted by californiagirl (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 21:15

It took just over three years from beginning to end (kitchen is part of a multistory addition), but here, finally, is the new kitchen for our 1938 house in the Midwest.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished kitchen for calilforniagirl

Second photo. Many, many thanks to everyone who posts here. Have learned so much. We love our kitchen

o

Wish I could edit. Apologies for the bad spelling and missing period. Was focused on how to get the poor quality iPhone photos uploaded.

o

This is beautiful. But why don't your post this over on the "discussion" side too. If not all of the pictures at least a link to this area. It seems that most people post their new kitchens on the Discussion side. and ps, you can edit on the discussion side, it is a new feature.

o

Gorgeous! Marvelous Darling! Is there mirror in your corner door (pantry?). Great idea. Cabinets go all the way up! Love it. Ah, those chandeliers!!! They are the bestest of all! Enjoy!

o

That's gorgeous!

o

Zippity, I was thinking about mirror in that door because I was afraid I would hate seeing the messy pantry. Turns out I am so happy to have a pantry I don't care!

The cabinet maker made changes after the plans were drawn in the glass doors sizes that created overly small panes. When DH and I first saw them we were sure we would ask him to change them. But we got used to them and the way all the muntins in the cab and pantry doors hide what's behind.

I will take enduring's advice and post on the other side. As a longtimer I knew this was the side finished photos used to be posted on but it has never been very active.

o

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love absolutely everything in it.

o

Thanks to all of you for the kind reviews. I finally got some new, better photos (but without the counter chairs!) and posted them on the Discussions side, per enduring's suggestion.

o

Beautiful!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here