Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
californiagirl_gw

Finished kitchen for calilforniagirl

californiagirl
11 years ago

It took just over three years from beginning to end (kitchen is part of a multistory addition), but here, finally, is the new kitchen for our 1938 house in the Midwest.

Comments (9)

• californiagirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Second photo. Many, many thanks to everyone who posts here. Have learned so much. We love our kitchen

• californiagirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wish I could edit. Apologies for the bad spelling and missing period. Was focused on how to get the poor quality iPhone photos uploaded.

• enduring
    11 years ago

This is beautiful. But why don't your post this over on the "discussion" side too. If not all of the pictures at least a link to this area. It seems that most people post their new kitchens on the Discussion side. and ps, you can edit on the discussion side, it is a new feature.

• Zippity-do-dah
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Marvelous Darling! Is there mirror in your corner door (pantry?). Great idea. Cabinets go all the way up! Love it. Ah, those chandeliers!!! They are the bestest of all! Enjoy!

• catkin
    11 years ago

That's gorgeous!

• californiagirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Zippity, I was thinking about mirror in that door because I was afraid I would hate seeing the messy pantry. Turns out I am so happy to have a pantry I don't care!

The cabinet maker made changes after the plans were drawn in the glass doors sizes that created overly small panes. When DH and I first saw them we were sure we would ask him to change them. But we got used to them and the way all the muntins in the cab and pantry doors hide what's behind.

I will take enduring's advice and post on the other side. As a longtimer I knew this was the side finished photos used to be posted on but it has never been very active.

• decordummy_gw
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love absolutely everything in it.

• californiagirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to all of you for the kind reviews. I finally got some new, better photos (but without the counter chairs!) and posted them on the Discussions side, per enduring's suggestion.

• lalalisa123
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville