Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help Where To Stop Tumbled Marble Backsplash

Posted by rjdavis21 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 15:24

Have not posted in years and need help with some detail.
Im installing Tumbled Marble backsplash for wife.need advice where to,how to or what to do at these end points of tile.
How should I finish here.
Should I stop at the light molding or go past it a inch and go back up above it. I really don't want to notch behind it. Should I stay under it and stop somewhere to line up with the counter top or carry it down into the ogee cut
Im planning on 3x6 as my side end stones and the inside pattern will be 4x4 diagonal.see my pics to see what im working with.
Well while taking pics found I need to get out past the left side receptacle outlet,so you think what I do on the left side end do also on the right side end. Still need help on cut at the cabinet. I dont know how many pics I can post on here so I may try to combine them, we will see how it goes.

Image link: Need Help Where To Stop Tumbled Marble Backsplash (46 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Pic

sorry can't see how to post another pic

o
RE: Sorry ! I reposted on the On-Topic Discussions

Reposted (:

o
RE: Need Help Where To Stop Tumbled Marble Backsplash

Not sure if you are asking how high to tile or how wide. It would look best for the tile to go up to the bottom of the cabinets.

As for width, I think you should use the top of the granite's ogee edge as a guide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here