Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with granite color/backsplash for new kitchen

Posted by twin316 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 11 at 14:43

We are soon starting a major first floor renovation of our split level home. The entire first floor will be gutted and be turned into a "great room" to include kitchen, dining area and living area with a loft to be added over the kitchen. I have chosen Omega cabinets in Oyster Amaretto with the island in chestnut.

I need ideas for granite. I definitely want to stay away from a yellowish granite as I would like the Oyster cabinets to lean more towards a whitish hue. I am tossing around the idea of two different granite colors for the counters and for the island but am not sure of this. The floors will be hardwood.

If anyone could offer any suggestions I would so greatly appreciate it. Going to the granite yard this week.

Image link: need help with granite color/backsplash for new kitchen (3 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with granite color/backsplash for new kitchen

If you post this on the discussion page you should get a lot of suggestion for your granite and backsplash.You can find a link for the discussion page above the messages. It says "switch to discussion". Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here