Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
windowaccents

Kinished Kitchen Makeover to share

I'm putting this here for the kitchen blog.

I started my makeover about 8 weeks ago with painting my almond fridge black. I refinished the cabinets with a cream paint and umber glaze. I wanted a heavily glazed finish (yes, I know it looks dirty - but I like it!) The only appliance I replaced was the gas range. I was going to keep my granite tile on my island, but decided to put the Baltic brown on it once we got the new granite on the perimeter cabinets. I also planned to keep my wallpaper, but after I got the cabinets finished I didn't think there was enough contrast between the walls and the cabinets so I painted the walls too.

This was a completely DIY remodel and I did almost all of it myself with a wee bit of help from my husband. We also repainted the laundry room to match and added overhead cabinets in there in place of an old closet maid shelf.

My total between the 2 rooms was about $6500

I added 2 boxes to change the height level of my upper cabinets and put up crown molding. I added decorative feet, boxed molding to the end cabinets and decorative baseboard molding under the granite and decorative baseboard molding to the desk so it looks like furniture. I took out the leaded glass on my corner cabinet door and put in a painted piece of decorative sheet metal.

Details:

Cabinet Paint - BM - White Sand with outline painting in BM Bittersweet Chocolate. BM Umber Glaze (L30)

Kenmore 5 burner gas range

Existing GE spacemaker microwave with hood vent

Existing Bosch dishwasher

Existing Kenmore Fridge

Baltic Brown Granite

New Stainless steel sink with Price Pfister Marielle single faucet

Decorite Atlantis cabinet handles in oil rubbed bronze

Wall Paint - BM Northhampton Putty

I kept my existing backsplash tiles, but painted the old granite tiles with bronze paint and added a wood molding to them so they look like tiles.

Here are a few photos and a link to the album.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/downsymom/Final%20Kitchen%20Facelift/

Comments (6)