Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matdrew

painting cherry stained kitchen cabinets in need of help and advi

matdrew
9 years ago

hi everyone.
I know this is the place to come for help and advise.8 years ago I redid a kitchen in my old home with all your help.

this time my budget is very tight. I have cherry satined cabinets. they look worn and dirty. I have tried to clean them to no avail. the kitchen is not vented out. I am hoping to that. My husband thinks a self venting microwave would be okay.

anyway I was wondering if any one had any advise on what paint to use and most of all colors. We are so lost on this. my hubby is color blind and I just am no good at this kind of stuff. I cant imagine what things will look like from a little paint sample.

Most of my home is Benjamin moore Mesa vede tan
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bm+mesa+verde+tan&qpvt=BM+mesa+verde+tan&FORM=IGRE

My husband wanted a gray but I think maybe gray does not go. again I am terrible at this stuff. The back splash will be replaced and the counters too if the job looks nice enough when finished. I was thinking a white because it just seems easier. however I did see a blu bottom cabinet and white uppers pic on here somewhere and that looked interesting but I cant find it and would be lost finding the exact blue.

if we went with white would I look weird because the ceiling s thru out are an off white. I am also considering buying new door fronts if anyway has a good reasonable source. also need a source for cabinet handles and a faucet.

has anyone painted their kitchen and has been happy with the results?

thank you in advance I will try to add some pics to this later.

Comment (1)