Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chmpgntst

Finished creamy-white-cabinet kitchen

chmpgntst
16 years ago

Hi all,

We finished back in July, but I wasn't going to post pictures until I got window treatments. Wellllllll... that could be a while, so I figured I'd go ahead and share.

Details:

Cabinets: Kahles Kitchens (Leeper, PA), antique white. Most semi-custom, some custom.

Counters: Labrador Antique granite (brown with flashes of blue)

Backsplash: Tumbled marble from Lowe's

Floor: Red oak with minwax "ipswich pine" stain (chosen to blend with existing floors in other rooms)

Faucet: Grohe Ladylux Cafe

Sink: Elkay 33-inch stainless apron sink (love it!)

Range: Jenn-air all gas

Fridge: Kitchenaid french door

DW: Bosch Evolution

Microwave: Whirlpool velos (I know, I know, the dreaded microhood, but it works for me!)

The small shelves came from Kahles; the longer shelves were built by my contractor.

Contractor: Leo Hall, L.A. Hall & Associates, Rockville, MD

We also opened a portion of the wall between the kitchen and family room, closed a small doorway at one end of the kitchen, and put in a coat and cubby area.

A few things have changed since these pictures were taken -- we replaced the table and chairs with a round table and woven-rush chairs in a dark finish, and hung a big magnetic chalkboard on the wall behind the table, and a few other things on the walls. Still no window treatments, though!

Amy

Comments (8)

• jannn
    16 years ago

Wow.. That is so nice!

• chmpgntst
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, that's not much of a slideshow, is it? Correct link below. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow link

• oldhometara
    16 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! I hope you are enjoying it. I don't know how I missed it when you initially posted. I found it today via another thread about kitchens in action - you posted a picture there, and I love your window treatment. I did some followup searches for your kitchen and found it here and on FKB. I love your white cabs, the open display shelves, great before/after pix (the old ceiling lights were something else!) and what a nice mud room/storage area you have. I guess the window treatment is a recent addition - can you please post info on it?
    Congrats on your new kitchen!
    Tara

• chmpgntst
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the kind words! The design was a labor of love and I second-guessed myself so much I nearly went crazy! So thank you. And yes, those old ceiling fixtures were doozies, weren't they? My husband bought the house without me seeing it (cross-country move and me too pregnant to travel) and those lights were my least-favorite surprise when we moved in...

The window treatment is a new addition -- went in just days before Christmas. The treatment over the sink is a faux-shade -- that is, it doesn't really go up or down, because I had had blinds there before and never moved them. On the windows by the table I have roman shades in the same fabric, lined with heavy fabric b/c we need light control there. All were custom made by a woman in Northern Virginia. The fabric is "Paddock Shawl" by Waverly; the color is "Porcelain."

Please feel free to email me if you have more questions!

Amy

• oldhometara
    16 years ago

Great Amy, thanks so much for sharing the info. Hope you're enjoying your wonderful kitchen.
    Tara

• msrose
    16 years ago

I don't check the gallery that often, so I missed this also. It turned out great and the new arrangement looks so much better.

Laurie

• skyblue
    14 years ago

very pretty.i too had my cupboards painted a bone white. and just had wainscoating put on a wall/had the walls painted a "late tomatoe]reddish and the combo looks very nice.

• joy910
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I'm redoing my kitchen and just chose Labrador Antique for my counters, so I'm happy to see how lovely it looks installed in your kitchen. I might copy your backsplash idea too -- it all works together perfectly.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths