GE under island fridge beverage center

Franke Pro Series sinks

Cephelia Faucets

Azul Macaubas Granite

Original hardwood floors to house

Comments (17)

• chmpgntst
    16 years ago

My goodness, that granite is literally making my mouth water. It is simply stunning. A beautiful example of the power of nature -- what a gift to be able to incorporate it into your home.

Of course, those cabinets and appliances are quite lovely as well, as are all your choices. Well done!

Amy

• minu
    16 years ago

I hope you see this message: love your cabinets, we have a similar style in QS oak. Please tell me where you got the drop pulls from? I am looking for something similar.

Thanks!

• Meghane
    16 years ago

OMG- when I say that I hate granite, that is NOT what I am thinking of! Your granite is drop-dead gorgeous! The rest of the kitchen is nice too, but that granite just steals the show. Beautiful job.

• pugger
    16 years ago

That's a wonderful looking kitchen! BTW, what made you choose that rangetop over the Wolf with sealed burners? I am curious about the price difference, as well. We have the same doubleoven but our's is unframed.

Thanks.

• damutha
    16 years ago

Could you please tell us what type of tile you used for your backsplash? That's exactly what I'm looking for...

• theresab1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am just seeing these notes now-
    minu- we got our cabinet pulls at our cabinet distributor. I don't recall the make-sorry!
    pugger- funny you ask- we actually ordered the rangetop with the sealed burners by mistake and sold it on craigslist. my dh insisted we get the open burners for the main reason that all 6 burners have the very low simmer setting . on the sealed burner version only 1 burner has the very low simmer setting.

damutha- the tile is a sandstone tile.

• carecooks
    16 years ago

I love your kitchen! I just bought a new home. (Haven't even moved in yet but I want to redo the kitchen.) The current space looks very similar to yours with the window to the back yard. Could you tell me the dimensions of your kitchen? I'm not a fan of granite, but yours is stunning. Enjoy!

• sam_b
    15 years ago

So glad to have found your kitchen pix! We are just beginning our kitchen and the cabinetmaker is in the shop right now as I type, constructing the boxes. We have decided upon cherry shaker-style also. I'm actually a painted-wood-cabinet kind of gal (for our old 1854 house), but my dh is the cook and he loves wood. I was mildly concerned I would feel like I was entering a wooden cave, but your kitchen has convinced me otherwise. Absolutely stunning. Bravo! And, thanks for sharing!

sb

• ggkell
    15 years ago

Love your kitchen - can you tell me the size of your island? Thanks,

• theresab1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The island is 50 by 60- its great we can seat four people around the island on the curved side,and on the straigh edge we have shelves, beverage center and prep sink.

• barbaraz
    15 years ago

Your kitchen turned out so beautiful! Thank you for posting your pics!

Would you please tell me the name of the stain you put on your cherry cabinets? I really like your cabinets and I am about to start my own remodel project.

You mentioned your backsplash as "sandstone tile"--sorry for my ignorance but is that the manufacturer or color--or something else?? I don't know what sandstone tile is--but its lovely. Can you clarify for me. Thanks!

• theresab1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the stain is called heirloom finish- its a cherry wood they have darkened a bit- not too much but look richer and deeper. the tile is called sandstone- think that is the name of the color/look of them- they are a stonish tile- not porcelain...

• razenette
    15 years ago

Sure like your whole kitchen,along w/cabinet hardware! The whole thing is a WINNER!! razenette

• design_challenged
    15 years ago

Simply gorgeous! I have a question about your sandstone tiles in the backsplash-- I have been told by tilers that real sandstone requires a lot of maintenance and resealing every few months. I see you posted these photos a year ago. What has been your experience? What did you seal it with? What is the maintenance? Does it chip? Stay clean? I LOVE it and want to try it for our backsplash. If you have the make or vendor for your tiles, I would be most grateful. THANKS!

• jennabanenna
    15 years ago

Gorgeous.really.

• theresab1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

we sealed our sandstone tiles over a year ago and have had no problems whatsover- no staining , no chipping, I will need to look for the name and make of the tiles, I can't remember them.