Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chiommy

Stumped on Backsplash, Window Covering and Kitchen Table

chiommy
14 years ago

Hi All:

I've been reading this forum for sometime now and have always been amazed at the depth of knowledge and insight exhibited by members. I need some ideas and hope you can help me. We purchased a home with a small 1970s style galley kitchen and had to redo it from scratch on a limited budget, which meant no knocking down walls. We changed the floors from linoleum to tile (don't remember the what the color is called), installed new ginger maple 42" cabinets, dakota mahogany countertops, recess lighting and SS appliances. Now to my problem, looking at the pictures:

1. I need suggestions on a backsplash? (pictures/links will be appreciated as I'm not good at colors. I have to see it to know it and visualize it.)

2. I'm tired of tiers/valance for window covering and would like other suggestions?

3. My kitchen table- Should I get rid of it completely? or cover the top with granite? or get a cabinet/island with seating area and cover it with granite?

4. Do you think I need undercabinet lighting?

TIA. I hope you can view the pictures.

P.S. I initially posted in the discussions forum but I think this might be a better forum to post.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen in progress

Comments (7)