Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rutt cabinets for 2k, how did I do???

Posted by chellamaral (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 11:21

We are waiting to close on a new home that needs total renovation.

We came across these Rutt cabinets at Habitat for Humanity that had been removed from 1000 square ft kitchen. This was only 1/3 of the cabinetry that was pulled, someone else had already purchased the huge island and all the mullion glass front cabinets! Dang!

My initial intention was to use these cabinets in our office, so we did not purchase the Thermador glass cooktop or hood.

After pricing around for cabinetry, I am now wondering if I should try to match up what I bought for the kitchen remodel.Does anyone have an idea of what I would have paid for this retail? This is what I have:

2)Drawer Base 24"
2)Base 12" w/cookie sheet dividers
1)Base 48"w/four pullout shelves
2)Wall 24 x 40"
1)Wall 18 x 40" open shelves
1)Oven 30 x 96" w/cookie sheet dividers in top cabinet

All are painted inside and out(there are a few dents/scuffs)with soft close drawers. My purchase included the granite countertop/matching granite wall backsplash AND all the crown molding.

To complete the kitchen, I will need about the same amount of cabinetry. The Thermador cooktop and hood is still available and probably could get it for around 500.00...

I just don't have any idea of what it would cost if I had to buy more Rutt.

Image link: Rutt cabinets for 2k, how did I do??? (40 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rutt cabinets for 2k, how did I do???

Awesome. Seriously awesome.Why match it? Get some gorgeous freestanding furniture and build some AMAZING kitchen space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here