Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
advice on 30" gas cooktop - bosch or wolf?

Posted by mmc9876 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 21, 13 at 9:47

I'm torn between the two below gas cooktops. The 30" five-burner bosch gas cooktop (top-rated on consumer reports) or the 30" four-burner Wolf gas cooktop. Must be a 30" and cooktop (vs. commercial-style range). I took my most-used pots and pans to the store and laid them out in various configurations; both cooktops fit perfectly.

Here are the details:

Bosch:
http://www.bosch-home.com/us/products/cooktops/gas-cooktops/NGM8054UC.html?source=browse

16,000 Btu/hr
10,000 Btu/hr (x2)
5,500 Btu/hr (x2)

Wolf:
http://www.subzero-wolf.com/oven/gas-stovetop/30-inch-gas-cooktop
15,000 / 950 Btu/hr
12,000/ 800 Btu/hr
9,200 / 300 Btu/hr (x2)

Any thoughts? Wolf is nearly $1k more expensive. I don't want to get it just for the sake of "Wolf is a higher-end brand". Wolf has simmer setting on all burners, but Bosch has two simmers, too. Bosch's center burner has higher BTUs, better for boiling water faster for pasta, etc. They seem equally easy to clean. Both auto-reignite, illuminated knobs. Cutout size similar.

I just cant decide!

Help!!?!?!?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: advice on 30" gas cooktop - bosch or wolf?

You might consider the USA made Dacor cooktops which also offers an integrated "downdraft" venting system. I have installed the 30" gas cooktop and electric oven (as single dual-fuel unit - see DR30DI) together with the 15" downdraft vent, and I'm really pleased with it.

You can view the models at http://www.dacor.com/Our-Products/Cooktops/Distinctive-Gas-Cooktops.aspx

DCT305 (54,000 Total BTUs)

1 SimmerSearTM Burner with Melting Feature (18,000 BTU)
1 Sealed Gas Burners (11,000 BTU)
2 Sealed Gas Burners (9,000 BTU)
1 Sealed Gas Burner (7,000 BTU)

(The above 5 burner configuration applies to the 36" model, whereas the 30" models has just 4 burners; i.e. The 11,000 BTU burner is omitted.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here