Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lry511

Finished Kitchen for the FKB

Lori Ryan
12 years ago

Sorry if you have seen my finished kitchen. I am posting it here for the Finished Kitchen Blog. Thanks.

My new kitchen makes me smile. I have to thank everyone at the Garden Web Kitchen Forum for giving me wonderful, practical ideas to help create my new kitchen. I also have to thank my DH for allowing me to do what I wanted to do in this kitchen, mainly white cabinets.

I have lived in this house for 13 years and always knew one day we would (God willing) renovate the kitchen. At first I wanted to change everything as far as layout, however, as time went on I discovered the layout really worked well and all I need to do was tweak a few areas. I needed to create a larger prep zone; I needed the garbage bin to by my prep zone and not half way across the kitchen. I also needed move the microwave away from the range at the request of my four children. I switched the refrigerator and wall oven to shrink the work triangle. My DH and I debated whether to put in a narrow island/ table or keep our kitchen table. We decided the space would be too small for an island and I liked the family sitting around the table and talking to one another and not seated bar style.

Many thanks to the Garden Web for giving me the impetus to ask if we could raise an obtrusive beam (left over from a 1985 renovation) into the ceiling. This beam caused the 6" vent pipe to run through several cabinets severely limiting my storage space. All gone now! This alone helped to create more storage space .We also expanded the opening into the family room and eliminated a door into the dining room and upgraded the windows to tilt-ins.

Appliances:

Range: Electrolux Induction Cooktop Range with second oven.

Wall oven: Electrolux single wall oven

Refrigerator: Kitchen Aid Architect II French Door Refrigerator (KFCS22EVMS4) Love the water feature inside!

Dishwasher: Kitchen Aid KUDE40FXPA panel ready. And Yes! you can integrate a Kitchen Aid if you know up front you need to allow for an extra �" in length. My CG put an extra �" sheet of sheet rock on the wall and cut out the space for the dishwasher. We had plenty of room to accommodate the Kitchen Aid and make it look integrated.

Microwave: GE Monogram ZEM200SF

Hood: Broan Elite Rangemaster Power Pack RMP17004

Cabinets: Dura Supreme: Crestwood series

Arcadia Classic, Maple perimeter in classic white

Arcadia Classic, Cherry Hutch peninsula

Granite: New Venetian Gold

Hardware: Amerock 96mm Westerly Pulls in Satin Nickel

Amerock Revitalize Knobs in Satin Nickel

Sink: Franke Orca sink, Love,Love,Love!!!

Faucet: Kohler K-690 Vinnata in polished chrome

Lotion Dispenser: Kohler Fairfax collection

Backsplash: Sonoma Tile; market collection, Ashbury Series in Mojave ( 4x4, subway, bead liner and moulding) also, Tumbled Honey onyx .

Under cabinet Lighting: Utilitech LED under cabinet lights

Flooring: Verde1999, Moonstone 20 x 20 porcelain tiles.

Charging Drawer

Wall Color: BM 1639 Windy Sky

Before:

After:

Before:

afTER:

bEFORE:

After:

Before:

After:

Thank You !

Comments (3)