Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Victorian kitchen

Posted by mfrog (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 2, 08 at 13:34

This kitchen is made up from mainly salvaged cabinets which we fixed up & painted all the same. The lowers were custom made because we wanted deeper & higher cabinets. The counter tops are beech (not from Ikea, theirs are too expensive) we bought from the wholesaler. The GE stove was bought from an appliance store who had rewired it & completely overhauled it. The stained glass windows were also salvaged. The entire kitchen including period lighting, custom cabinetry cost about $9,000.

Before: just getting the windows in.

kitchen - before

1951 GE double oven stove

Kitchen

breakfast nook

kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Victorian kitchen

I love THIS!!! It's a REAL kitchen without all the fancy granite, high-end appliances, expensive tiles, etc. You did a terrific job, especially being able to recycle salvaged cabinets. Wonderful, homey, comfortable and real!

o
RE: Victorian kitchen

Thank you totogirl (if your name means what I think it does, me too!)
I wanted to edit my post to add some more photos, but I can't seem to find an edit button, so I'll just add them to this one.

This antique dresser was cut in half (the top half hung above) The flour bin is on the left, if anyone is a baker they should consider having one of these. I don't know why they went out of fashion.
antique flour bin

The Kohler cast iron sink was one of our splurges, while I love the big sink, I won't deal with Kohler again.

cast iron sink

We also decided to add a victorian conservatory to the kitchen. Because our kitchen was quite dark this helped immensely with the dreariness of wet coast weather.

conservatory off the kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here