Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does This Kitchen Layout Work?

Posted by Need-Help (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 8, 11 at 13:07

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, comments. My husband and I are remodeling an old house and the kitchen has a few obstacles: 5 doors (we want to keep all of them), a chimney that sticks out 21.25 inches, a big window and a radiator under it (want to keep also), and need a place for 3x3 table (no dining room). The trim is oringal red oak with a amber natural finish and the floor is more plain natural wood. I have been to a few kitchen cabinets stores and I just need another opinion to make sure everything is functional in the design. Some verification with the cabinet color would be great too. I am thinking of going with Lowe's Diamond Prelude, Halston maple square, Nectar w/ ebony glaze or possibly MidContinent Princeton. Not sure which cabinet maker is better. The design link is below. The main question of the design is the cabinet in front of the chimney, keep it for extra storage or take it away because too problematic. One more thing, I am thinking black appliances because have two young boys and stainless steal it too expensive for our budget.
I will have to post two times because of pic sizes.

Image link: Does This Kitchen Layout Work? (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here