Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
need_help

Does This Kitchen Layout Work?

Need-Help
12 years ago

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, comments. My husband and I are remodeling an old house and the kitchen has a few obstacles: 5 doors (we want to keep all of them), a chimney that sticks out 21.25 inches, a big window and a radiator under it (want to keep also), and need a place for 3x3 table (no dining room). The trim is oringal red oak with a amber natural finish and the floor is more plain natural wood. I have been to a few kitchen cabinets stores and I just need another opinion to make sure everything is functional in the design. Some verification with the cabinet color would be great too. I am thinking of going with Lowe's Diamond Prelude, Halston maple square, Nectar w/ ebony glaze or possibly MidContinent Princeton. Not sure which cabinet maker is better. The design link is below. The main question of the design is the cabinet in front of the chimney, keep it for extra storage or take it away because too problematic. One more thing, I am thinking black appliances because have two young boys and stainless steal it too expensive for our budget.

I will have to post two times because of pic sizes.

Image link: