Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fothia

Pics of 99% finished Kitchen Reno

fothia
16 years ago

Finally have pics of 99% done Kitchen :) clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by fothia (My Page) on Tue, Sep 4, 07 at 13:50

First and Foremost, thank-you so much to GW and all that I've learned from so many of you. What an invaluable resource and support this community has been to me over the last year.

Some Details:

DH and I did all the demo including taking up ceramic tile piece by piece,taking down wall to open kitchen up.

I did all design work, painted and finish work on all wood trim and accent pieces to match cabinets.

The rest of kitchen we worked with our friends to install plumbing, cabs, window and floors. (Most are in the trades)

We had the granite and electrical installed professionally.

Cabinets: Knight Kitchens, Cherry Fireside stain/black glazed

Flooring: Brazilian Chestnut from International Hardwood

Granite: Yellow River

Appliances: Jenn-air

Sink: Ticor from Galazy Tools

Faucet: Brizo Floriano

Backsplash: WILL BE combination of earthtone glass mosaic and noche travertine brick tiles

Bay window: Marvin, stained and glazed to match cabs

Hardware: Tuscan drop pulls by Top Knobs

In & uc lights: zenon feston by seagull

Recessed: 4 inch halo

Pendants:Portifolio from Lowes (for now)

All lighting in zones and on dimmers

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket Album

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa22/fothia/?start=0

Comments (14)

• Linda Giorgi
    16 years ago

You have a beautiful home. Can you do my decorating. Do you like your sink. I just got one from that company. Great price. Do you think the ss is brushed to deep. It feels rough to my hand. Want to make sure mine is alright.

• fothia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Igiorgi for the compliment! I had to go feel my sink after reading your post. Yes, I love the sink. It feels smooth and like it should. Did you get your Ticor sink from Galaxy Tool Supply? I would call them if so and you think something is off. I've heard their CS is great. Good-Luck, I'll be curious to know how you make out. :)

• tucgran
    16 years ago

Beautiful I can't believe you DIY. The design is great. Where did you find your sculpture on the island? everything is so unique.
    We recently moved from the NE and I loved views from your windows looks like NE?

Enjoy

• bmmeaux
    16 years ago

Can you tell me where you bought your Fleur de Lis glass containers? I love the two by the window and I noticed three more on your countertop. Being a Louisiana native, I love all things Fleur de Lis.

• fothia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks tucgran, you guessed it, we live outside of Boston. Not looking forward to when it all gets covered in snow, pretty, but sick of the cold NE winters!!! Hopefully, you've escaped that. The sculpture was a gift years ago in honor of my DD who is a dancer, sorry not sure where it came from though.
    mscajunpie: The large Fleur de Lis containers came from Home Goods, the three smaller ones I found on ebay which has a lot of Fleur de Lis items. HTH

• bmmeaux
    16 years ago

Thanks for responding. I looked for something like it (three small containers) on ebay and found a few things but nothing as pretty as yours. If you know the name of the product, can you please tell me it?

Thanks

• fothia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi mscajnunpie,
    When these canisters arrived, the glass part of the two pictured on the left were broken to bits. They were originally the "cut glass" pattern of the right one. I know you can't see this in the pic. I loved them so much and contacted seller to find a replacement. She bought them off ebay originally and didn't know manufacturer. I finally found glass vases at a craft store and glued them into the base of the two broken ones as I was determined to make it work somehow. Sorry I can't give you a manufacturer/vendor name. The tops and bases are a resin material and there's no company markings on them. If I knew where they originally came from, I'd be happy to share and I would have ordered more myself. I'd just keep searching ebay, maybe another set will pop up. Sorry to not be more help.

• andreacd
    16 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! I love the colors you used. What color is the granite? Did you use wood or laminate for the floors? What color did you choose. I'm in the process of redoing my kitchen and the floors throughout my home. Thanks for your help.

• fothia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi andreacd, thanks! Our granite is Yellow River. The floor is wood, 5" plank, chestnut, it's not stained. There's not a lot of chestnut out there anymore because of a blight in the US. I think ours is from Brazil. It's made by International Hard Wood. I really love both the granite and the floor. It's hard to really know how things will look together in mass until it's all done. Good luck with your reno. :)

• starpooh
    16 years ago

May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog?
    If so please submit the Category Checklist form.
    Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    16 years ago

Your kitchen looks beautiful! I am thinking of using Yellow River (hate the name) granite in my kitchen as well. Found two slabs that were absolutely beautiful this weekend. I love the hints of blue and purple in the stone. How is it holding up for you? Do you still love your stone? I noticed a couple of fissures in the slabs I saw this weekend. Do you have those as well and are they a problem?

I also saw Yellow River at another stone yard this weekend and it didn't look anything like the first place. It was much more quiet and subdued.

• richelle
    15 years ago

Beautiful home!Love the doggies perched on the couch too : ) Can you please tell me what kind of faucet that is in your kitchen? Are you happy with it?

Thank you!

• profrip
    15 years ago

Have any of you out there used Knight Kitchens for your
    cabinets? What was your experience?

• nolagardenia
    15 years ago

Positive experience with Knight.