Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrao77

Finished Pictures- Modern Blue kitchen

mrao77
14 years ago

Thanks to all the wonderful members who gave advice, tips and information, our kitchen is finally done! I fell in love with a granite called "Volga blue" (aka Polare blue,Spectralite blue and Blue Polare etc)and I dreamt of designing a kitchen around it! The end product (after long weeks of frustation dealing with contractors!!) is a modern, Blue kitchen with a fusion of New trends and old world collection of Copper pot n pans from grandmother's time! So I it my fusion kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (3)

• mrao77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry, it did not post the link!
    Another try..

Here is a link that might be useful: Volga blue Kitchen

• mrao77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OOOOps!Another attempt!
    Here is a list of the things we used for the reno :
    Counter top - Granite, Volga blue, AKA Spectralite blue,Polare blue. A stone from Ukraine (from the river Volga) that has a black/greyish background with huge splothes of Spectralite crystals, that are blue and silver in diferent lights.
    It is difficult to get a good picture since the look changes with every shot! If someone is thingking about this stone and would want more pics, let me know and I will email a whole bunch, to help you make a choice. When I first started, I had only one or two kitchen which had used this stone, and not a lot of input in terms of pictures and backsplash ideas. I came up with my own and I a VERY HAPPY with it!!
    Backsplash- Himalayan white slate 4x4, mixed with glass 2x2 tiles from Daltile, Midnight and Daylight Shimmer.

Sink - Zero raduis, 30X19, single bowl, 16 guage,undermount in brushed stainless finish

Faucet - Giagni, pre rinse, spring faucet

Blue barstools- Eurway
    Glass dining table and chairs- Eurway

Island and pendant lights- Hunter lighting: Blue lagoon (mouthblown glass pendants with satin nickle trim)

Appliances- Whirlpool gold, stainless (we changed them last year)

Flooring (we kept old one) Honey Oak, light stain almost looks like blond maple.
    Cabinets- Light maple, from Aristokraft, we kept our existing ones as they were in excellent shape and were in the color of our choice.

Cabinet knobs- I used the glass tiles from backsplash and glued (gorilla glue espcially marked for glass and metal) them to flat stainless knobs that I purchased at Lowes.

Wall color- Sherwin William, I custom matched it to a color called Sterling Silver. We troweled on texture onto the stripped walls after priming with a oil based blocking primer, and then painted with two coats of paint.

Artwork - "Friday Night in Soho" by Michael Brown, Giclee on canvas.

Curtain - grommeted Panels in morning mist, BBB
    Kitchen Rugs- "Checkered" from Kohls

Potrack, pot n pan - Collection from grandmother, mom and some new additions, made to look vintage!

If I missed out somehting else, please let me know.

Thank you all so very much!
    mrao77

mrao77

Here is a link that might be useful: Volga blue

• DoggieMom
    14 years ago

Beautiful!! I can see why you fell in love with that granite, it is GORGEOUS! Love the blue stools and the knobs on the upper cabs. Nice job.