Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crema Bordeaux granite-help with backsplash!

Posted by ferrygirl (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 18:15

We have just installed Crema Bordeaux countertops, and love them. We had picked out a couple of samples for our backsplash but have had 2nd thoughts. We now have picked out a stone/glass mosaic (Tierra Sol Sienna in Desert Sand) and LOVED that. Our installer thought we should go all the way up the wall, and I had originally planned to just go up 4"-6" up all the way around. We went to a copy store and took color photos and tacked them up to see if we could visualize it a bit better. Now, we're thinking it's too busy! Can you give me suggestions on:

1) just go all the way up the wall behind the cooktop and 4"-6" on the other walls;
2) go all the way up on all the walls;
3) pick something completely different;
4) glossy vs. matte?

We have white appliances which will stay. Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Image link: Crema Bordeaux granite-help with backsplash! (34 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crema Bordeaux granite-help with backsplash!

OOPS! That tile is at the Tierra Sol website (glass & stone)and is called Sierra Vista in Desert Gold, not Sienna! Still trying to get the hang of things on the website!

o

A nice simple travertine looks great with the Crema Bordeaux. It won't fight with the counters for attention.
To draw you eye to it but not have it stay there, choose a 4 x 4 or a 6 x 6 tile.

o

I forgot that I think you should go all the way up. Rarely do I see a 4" backsplash and if I do, it is made of the granite. Preferrably, the backsplash comes all the way from the bottom of the top cabinets to the countertop itself. With silicone to cover the gap it is water-proof that way.

o

Ferrygirl, I came across this thread and another while searching for Creama Bordeaux. Is it possible for you to post some pictures of your peninsula, since I am planning on doing something similar. In addition, I plan to have dark base cabinets and light wood upper, gray backspash and the Creama Bordeaux to bring it together.
Thank you in advance!
Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here