Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sk97232

Stained Wood Craftsman Kitchen 98% Done

SK97232
12 years ago

Well, I keep posting this entry wrong. Sorry for my inexperience, but I didn't realize the gallery was separate from the other forum! I'd delete the other posting if I could figure out how! I've been lurking on this site for months, but just this week signed up so I could post. Thanks so much to all the folks who contributed ideas/feedback about products we considered in our remodel.

We demo'd our previous kitchen in March to the beams and our new kitchen is finally done. I will confess up front, we spent a stupid amount of money on this project. I don't even know how much exactly, as we also did a lot of building envelope work at the same time (blown-in insulation, new windows, new siding, painted exterior, upgraded electrical & plumbing).

Our goals were to put in a kitchen that matched the character of the woodwork in the rest of our 1912 Craftsman home. While we used modern appliances, we encased them in wood panels whenever possible. We put in soapstone counters and sink and reproduction lighting.

We still have to make the leaded glass panels for this one cabinet.
We LOVE the soapstone counters!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our blog which also includes before photos and pictures of the rest of the house

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994