Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Modern kitchen in Bauhaus home

Posted by evergreendan (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 07 at 10:54

I posted this already in the regular discussion area, but apparently FKB needs it posted here. So here it is.

Slide show (long)

Home style: Bauhus modern, built in 1965, white vertical siding, walls of glass.
Cabinets: Custom curly sycamore on Medex with maple plywood boxes, Valli & Valli pulls, soft-close drawers.
Countertops: 3cm Honed Absoulte black.
Bartop: 8/8 African Pearwood (Moabi), bookmatched slabs.
Backsplash: Bisazza Logos 24"x24" glass aglomerate tile
Shades: Draper Flexshade motorized shades
Lighting: 6" cans with Crestron infiNet dimmers/controllers; Seagul 12v Xenon undercabinet, with transformer hidden behind false panel above range hood.
Appliances:
Thermador Freedom 18" freezer and 30" fridge
Bluestar RNB36 6-burner range
Kitchenaid built-in microwave
Miele dishwasher
Miele washer & dryer
KWC Matterhorn sink & Blanco Precision prep sink
Hans Grohe ADA compliant pull-down faucets
Hunley InstaHot dispenser w/ filter

Special features:
Fridge / Freezer panel extends to ceiling; Freezer trim bezel elminated for cleaner look.
Floodstop of ice dispenser and washer, connect to alarm in Crestron control system
Dynaudio in-ceiling speaker connected to basement audio rack
4 large pots-and-pans drawers.
Custom dividers in 4 main cutlery / sharps / utensil drawers
Pull-out shelf in cabinet for toaster oven and coffee grinder
"McDonalds" style hidden custom trash can with pull-out wood trashcan on casters
Undercabinet paper towel dispenser and 2 plastic bag recycling / dispensers.
Pneumatic pushbutton disposer buttons.
Never-MT soap dispensers
Aluminum plug mold with blank section behind sink (on GFCI)
Hood lights wired to undercabinet dimmer.
Phone niche with false panel concealing outlet, phone/internet/cable connections, and wireless access point.
4 drawers with in-drawer plugmold, wired to retractile cord and plugged into hidden outlets behind drawers.
Food pantry drawers, 2 shallow ones for cans, 2 deep ones for containers, plus upper cabinet with 4 pull-out trays behind a door.
Washer/dryer cabinet built with studs removed behind it for extra depth, plus external cold air supply so dryer can run with doors shut. Booze storage above, with hidden removable back panel to access plugs for washer, dryer, and floodstop.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Modern kitchen in Bauhaus home

Wow! Now that's ALL awesome!

o

How did I miss this?? Did it come through the Discussions side yet? (I was out of town from the 20th to the 26th). This is absolutely beautiful.

o

sjerin - yes, I did post it under the discussions side as "My done modern kitchen", but it is gone now (too old). There were quite a lot of nice comment. I then reposted it here for the Finished Kitchen Blog. Still don't know if it's there or not.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Having used it for a few months, it works well. My only two regrets are the sink (minor, but food particles don't smoothly go down the drain and it takes a while to wash everything down) and the honed absolute black granite (a bit hard to keep looking nice (but microfiber towels work great) and you have to keep aluminum away from it (puts marks on it)).

o

Dan-
it's a showstopper. I have two questions:
what kind of hood is that? and what is above your cabinets(between the top and the ceiling)?. we are deciding between no molding at all, or a very thin strip.
thanks so much
LC

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here