Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tulips33

Help with kitchen layout

tulips33
10 years ago

I could really use some help with our kitchen layout.
We really wanted to have a big island that opened up to the great room but I'm worried that this kitchen doesn't have enough cabinets.
We also want to be able to see out the side of our house that is why we have windows above the stove.
and we wanted to have a full fridge and freezer.
I was thinking about making the island a little smaller to add windows to the wall where those three window are and move either the stove or sink there.
I definitely want to have windows on the wall where the stove currently is and I'd like to have some kind of window where I was thinking to add new cabinets so I can see out into the backyard, but I can't think of how to do it and still have enough cabinets.
Also, I'm trying not to increase the square footage much, but do you think there is enough space for the breakfast nook "cafe" that is in between the island and great room?
I was also thinking of switching the pantry and the closet that backs up to it so the small closet could be my trashcan closet b/c we've always had our trashcan in the pantry and I hate it in there with the food.
What do you think?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
A New View for You Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Top Rated Interior Design & Remodeling Firm Serving Hampton Roads Area