Mine's done - IKEA Adel White kitchen

Gina_W
17 years ago

Here you go:

Click For Pix

Comments (10)

• kelly_2000
    17 years ago

Ohhh....very nice! And I have to say, just love that Blue Eyes granite! I decided against granite for my remodel, but when I took a trip to the granite yard just for kicks, I was absolutely enthralled with the Blue Eyes too (nothing else really grabbed me)...nearly enough to rethink my whole design!

Next kitchen..... :)

Good job!
    Kelly

• allydaws
    17 years ago

Great kitchen! Love the collage idea. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Where did you get your pulls from?

Kathy

• Gina_W
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pulls are IKEA Lansa.

Kelly - I am so in love with my granite. It's embarrassing!

• mythreegirls
    17 years ago

Your kitchen is great. I have to agree that your granite is very special....maybe I'll use that same one in my upcoming bathroom remodel!
    Enjoy!
    Christy

• shequit
    17 years ago

Gina - your kitchen is beautiful. I have a question which just came up today. Doing a re-do, had to bump my peninsula out 2" to accommodate plumbing. Therefore, my overhang will only be 10" and not 12". DH not going to be happy (he away on trip, wanted 12). I think it will be fine. What is your overhang? Are you comfortable with it, it looks great. Thank you.

• Gina_W
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks shequit. Mine's 12" (looks shorter in pics I guess). My DH is 6'4" and most of that is legs - so 12" is minimum. But if noone in your house is that tall, I think 10" is fine.

• alst
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing, it looks lovely! We are thinking of using the same cabinets, so it is nice to see what it looks like all put together in a real kitchen!

In your pictures, it looks like the cabinets are quite as white as the tile backsplash. I remember going to IKEA and thinking the cabinets didn't look pure white there either, but thought it was just the lighting. Do you feel like they match well enough?

• dedtired
    16 years ago

Can't believe this thread has been around for more than two years. Gina knows I love her kitchen and I really love her cranberry citrus marmalade.

• jckupfer_comcast_net
    14 years ago

Hi Gena,
    Great kitchen! I love it! I am thinking of using Adel White, love the looks, but I've heard mixed reviews on thermofoil, some say you have to be very careful when you clean the oven, use the microwave and even the dishwasher. Have you noticed any changes in the color/warping around these appliances?
    If you don't mind me asking, what size microwave and microwave cabinet are you using?

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

I'd love an update on this thread since I love the looks of the Adel White Ikea cabinets and was going to consider them if I decide on white cabinets (Cherry or Maple stained Cherry or White are my choices or just refinishing the oak doors I have now). How do Thermafoil cabinets hold up? I really love the drawers and the way the cabinets look.