Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lscouras_gw

Mixing finishes

Lscouras
11 years ago

In regards to mixing finishes...we are building our own house (doing all the work ourselves) and are currently working on the kitchen. My cabinets are all hand made and are painted bright white. Walls are light tan, floor is pine, ceiling will be a brushed nickel tin tile. All the appliances are stainless. The light fixtures are all oil rubbed bronze (they stood out better on the nickel ceiling). So, my question is this, I am not searching for a sink and faucets. Originally we were going to put in a stainless sink to match with all the other stainless/brushed nickel in the kitchen but I am not sure that's the direction I want to go. There will also be a stainless backsplash behind my counters and I am afraid it will all just blend into one another. Thought about oil rubbed bronze fixtures on the sink but don't know that I have ever seen them on a stainless sink. Looked at oil rubbed bronze sinks, and am still in sticker shock. Thoughts...ideas on options that would go together but not fade into the walls etc?

Thanks!

Leslie