Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitri89

Finished kitchen pics

mitri89
12 years ago

We've been in our home for over a year now, and I don't think I ever got around to posting finished pics of our kitchen here. I know I sure enjoyed and found it helpful to look at others' finished pics, so I want to share ours in case it could help someone else. I also wanted to say a big Thank You to all of you who helped with friendly advice and opinions. I have a warm spot in my heart for this forum and am so happy I found it in time while we were building.

We've been so pleased with how our house turned out, and I especially love the kitchen. It's the heart of our home, and it's not only beautiful and homey in my eyes but has also proven to be very practical and functional with our large family. I can't think of much I'd do differently, especially considering we did this well within our budget! Some of my favorite things about it are....

Creamy white lacquered cabinets(SW Dover White) - they're custom hard maple and are holding up beautifully. They're durable, and wiping them down is a breeze.

Silgranit sinks - Love having a big single and a 2nd sink in the island - both get used daily, and the silgranit cleans up so nice!

Stainless appliances - KA fridge and dw, Bosch ovens, and Dacor gas cooktop - All have been great and have NOT been hard to keep clean. I use a stainless cleaner on them that actually repels prints for several days in between cleaning.

Step in pantry - I love the cute door and love the storage inside.

Danze faucets & pot filler

The layout - I would've totally flubbed up had it not been for you all pointing out flaws with our initial plan. So, so glad you enlightened us, so we could improve with what we had to work with. It's a very functional layout even when several of us are in there cooking/cleaning at once. Thanksgiving was at our house last year, and it was awesome!

MW in the island - Great so the kids can make things for themselves, and nice for shortie(5'2") me so I don't have to reach high. Would totally do this again!

Lots of smooth gliding deep drawers - love having our plates, pots and pans, and baking goods(flour, sugar, etc) in deep drawers. It's so much easier than doors!

Love my little "baking center" between the fridge & ovens. At the advice on here we made the counter extra deep here which allowed the fridge to have a built in look for a budget price, and the extra deep counter is great when cutting cookies/rolling out dough.

The wood floors - They're 4" white oak planks. This might be my single favorite thing about our house. I was a little nervous about having wood in a kitchen, but it is the EASIEST thing to keep up with and feels nice underfoot. We bought a good cordless stick vac(Hoover Linx) to use after meals, and once a week or so we use Bona cleaner with a mop.

Lighting - love having lots of lights and all on dimmers

Hope I didn't bore anyone with my comments! Now onto the pictures...

Comments (21)

• kitchenproject
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Lovely kitchen. What granite did you choose?

• mitri89
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you! It's Giallo Ornamental.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Love the SW Dover White color and style of your kitchen cabinets. Love the width and look of your wood floors. I love the Giallo Ornamental Granite that ties in the wood and tiles with the white cabinets. I love the new appliances. You did a great job designing your kitchen and we all thank you for sharing.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

P.S. Love your backsplash!

• dominos
    12 years ago

Pretty kitchen - I'm tagging for inspiration!!

• natebear zone 10B
    12 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. Looking at your pictures, I realized that varying the upper cabinet heights gives them a beautiful, grand look. Thanks for the inspiration.

• tilenut
    12 years ago

I love it! It feels so warm, comfortable and functional. Also bares a striking resemblance to my kitchen, now nearly finished.

• HIWTHI
    12 years ago

Is your microwave a drawer or opens with a door?

Your kitchen is beautiful. Congratulations.

• mitri89
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for all the kind comments!

HIWTHI - The microwave opens with a door. Sorry I didn't see your question sooner!:-)

• jillkristine
    11 years ago

Love your kitchen! It is simply gorgeous. Where did you find the huge dining table??

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Beautiful. I just put in a similar bake zone!
    What is your paint color?

• Linda Giorgi
    11 years ago

What is the name of your tiles for the backsplash. I love your kitchen.

• jesse50
    11 years ago

Amazing kitchen!

• flower_153
    11 years ago

Beautiful kitchen!!!!!

• mitri89
    Original Author
    11 years ago

JillKristine - We got the table at Pottery Barn.:-)

A2gemini - The walls are painted Tobacco Road, from SW the old Duron formula. The cabinets are Dover White

lgiorgi - I'm drawing a blank on the name of the tiles. I'll see if I can find it!

Thank you all for the compliments:-)

• mitri89
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Found it! The backsplash tiles are tumbled marble Chiaro by PGM products.:-)

• sedonamazer
    11 years ago

Lovely layout. How big is it?

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

looking at the Dover White paint chip it looks like it has a little peach tone to it, do you find that to be true? I am asking because Barker Doors has a painted finish in Dover White (Sherwin Williams) that looks promising . But just wondering if it is really white or a true off white. In your kitchen pictures they look really white, are they in person or is it just the photos?

Your kitchen looks great, I love all that you have done, turned out really nice.

• Holly- Kay
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely! What color did you use for the walls? It reminds me of BM's barley. It is such a lovely color!

• Blondie_7
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Can you please tell me what type of grout you used on the backsplash and color? Did you seal it?

• Linda Giorgi
    10 years ago

Thanks for finding the information for me. Your kitchen is beautiful.